Moderator Control Panel ]

How to send PMs

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

How to send PMs

Postby Brian B » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:32 am

I have been trying to send a PM to another forum member as I would like to pass on my email address - if this is permissible (and she has been trying to send one to me) but have so far failed to do so.

Is there an "idiot's guide" on how to do so please?

Thanks

Brian
Brian B

Re: How to send PMs

Postby g w aldous » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:16 am

Either click on the PM button below their name or click on their name and it should give you an option to send a PM. I have sent a test to you.
Forgot to say they will be in your User Control Panel.
g w aldous

Postby Guy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:02 am

Most forums require members to have posted a minimum number of posts to the forum before being allowed to PM
Cheers
Guy
As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.
Guy

Postby Brian B » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:37 am

Thanks for the responses.

I did receive the test message to which I have "replied". However, despite getting a message that it had been sent it is still sitting in my Outbox rather than in the Sent messages folder. Is there normally a delay before the message actually goes? I had previously sent myself a test PM which went instantaneously.

Brian
Brian B

Postby ksouthall » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:45 am

Brian B wrote:However, despite getting a message that my test message - edited had been sent it is still sitting in my Outbox rather than in the Sent messages folder. Is there normally a delay before the message actually goes?

Yes there is normally a delay. I have noticed this before. I think the message is moved from the Outbox into the Sent Messages folder once it has been read. The Board Administrator should be able to clarify this.
ksouthall

Postby Jon Bauckham » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:37 am

Hi folks,

I can confirm that yes, a sent message will sit in your outbox until it has been opened by the recipient (no idea why – not something I've seen before!)

However, Kay Farndon emailed me over the weekend to say she was experiencing problems with the messaging facility, so there may actually be something wrong with the system. I'll get out techies to look into it.

Best wishes,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Return to Technical help