Moderator Control Panel ]

Gareth Malone's episode

Chat about the 12th series of the landmark TV programme, which features the likes of Paul Hollywood, Jerry Hall and Gareth Malone

Viewing Birth Certificates online

Postby LizFox » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:28 pm

On last night's programme, Gareth Malone opened a birth certificate online. Can you please tell me how to do this as I've always had to wait for a certificate to be posted to me. Thanks in advance.
LizFox

Re: Viewing Birth Certificates online

Postby AdrianB38 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:20 pm

Sorry - are you absolutely sure that it was a birth certificate? I remember there being a marriage certificate from West Yorkshire when his 4G GF was a dyer. But the only birth certificate that I can think of, was given to him on paper by his 4th cousin once removed or whatever. Marriage certificates can come from the register office or the church parish registers.

Sent from my GT-I8190N
Adrian
AdrianB38

Gareth Malone's episode

Postby Jon Bauckham » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:14 am

Hello everyone,

Last Thursday, choirmaster Gareth Malone discovered his showbiz roots in an episode that explored Britain's vibrant music hall heritage.

Did you like it? Loathe it? As ever, tell us what you thought below.

Sorry for the delay in getting this post up!

Best wishes,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Re: Gareth Malone's episode

Postby junkers » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:46 am

I thought it was a good episode but the jumping between takes was annoying and of course the episode with the census entry and the time it took to correctly decipher it, by which time I was shouting at the tv!.
junkers

Postby brunes08 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:56 am

I really enjoyed the episode. I loved Gareth's enthusiasm. I do not agree with junkers' comment about the census return though. That is what research into one's family history is often about - trying to fathom out someone's handwriting from long ago. It may be frustrating for a while, but oh the joy when something becomes clear.
brunes08

Postby kimmieto » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:50 pm

I enjoyed this episode. He did annoy me a bit when he could not read the writing on the census. Someones should have put the poor chap out of his misery and told him!!!
kimmieto

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2015