Moderator Control Panel ]

Jerry Hall's episode

Chat about the 12th series of the landmark TV programme, which features the likes of Paul Hollywood, Jerry Hall and Gareth Malone

Jerry Hall's episode

Postby Jon Bauckham » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Hi folks,

Tonight's episode of Who Do You Think You Are? saw former model and actress Jerry Hall explore her roots in an episode that took her all the way from Oldham back to her native Texas. As ever, post your comments below!

Best,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Re: Jerry Hall's episode

Postby phsvm » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:55 pm

A true story of the Wild West and the pioneers.

The only time previously I'd seen Jerry Hall was when she was on Strictly Coming Dancing and I didn't really take to her then - she came across as a typical brash Texan. This time I still found her annoying at times but overall I warmed to her. I felt real empathy for her when she said she wished her mother had known about her ancestors - that's something I can relate to only too well.

I thought it was a good episode. Still the irritating 'experts' popping up with the relevant documents and no explaination as to how they'd come by them but it was a fascinating tale and one so very different from any of the others in this series so far.
phsvm

Re: Jerry Hall's episode

Postby junkers » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:13 pm

I thought it wasn't the greatest from a research point of view, although you knew where the information came from. I will however say I was pleased, that unlike another show, they left Jerry's shock that her ancestors had slaves in the programme and her view on that and also that the Pioneers took land that was Indian land.
junkers

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2015