Moderator Control Panel ]

Difficulties with photographs.

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Difficulties with photographs.

Postby KayFarndon » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:57 pm

I sometimes have huge problems with photographs which are uploaded to the forum.

The recent one asking for help deciphering what John Grimes died from, on my computer it has come through sideways! Often all the photo is not complete and I have, as yet, not managed to be able to sort any of these anomalies. Help please!
KayFarndon

Re: Difficulties with photographs.

Postby Sylcec » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:13 am

Kay - if I'm really interested and think I may have something to contribute, then I Right click on the image, copy it, then paste it into image editing & viewing software. I can then magnify, reduce or rotate the image as I want. I use Irfanview which is free to download and easy to use.
In the end, the only images I have problems with and hence don't bother, are those which are too small too be magnified or viewed with any ease.
Sylvia
Sylcec

Postby SoozOne » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:54 am

Hi Kay

I think its how folk take the screen shots or photos. I've put photo queries on in the past but in the case of certificates only the part I'm having to identify, not the whole certificate as its unnecessary and means the queried part is much smaller.
Depends on the size of photo and shape, as well as the (smart) media the photo is posted with which can automatically turn it around so at times it comes out sideways which makes it tricky to see.
Its all to do with the posting of the photo, not with what you are seeing it on.
Hope this helps.
Susan

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
SoozOne

Postby KayFarndon » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Thank you for your replies. I have just logged on tonight and found photographs, again only partial. Inadvertently I clicked on one and got a surprise when it enlarged and I was able to scroll up and down and sideways. No idea why I didn't think of this before!
KayFarndon

Return to Photo identification