Switch to full style

Moderator Control Panel

From Heir Hunters to Wartime Farm, this is the place to discuss other genealogy and history programmes
Post a reply

New series on BBC1 Daytime - Family Finders

Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:56 pm

Did anyone else watch this new series on BBC1 daytime?

I caught it on i-player by chance so gave it a go. It's obviously the BBC's attempt to jump on the band wagon after the success of ITV's Long Lost Family.

I thought the reunions themselves were touching but other than that is seemed very amateurish after the slick performance of Nicky Campbell and Davina McCall on ITV.

Like any programme of this nature, and I think WDYTYA falls into this category as well, if you know something of the logistics and workings of this type of research, it's irritating with some of the commentary and apparent way the researchers go about things but it's entertaining and as I said earlier, the reunions themselves were moving.

I'm just amazed that there are so many people trying to find lost living relatives.

Re: New series on BBC1 Daytime - Family Finders

Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:27 pm

Yes, I found it quite by accident, 11.30am is not my usual viewing time. I fully agree with your comments and although I have missed some I don't think I will bother with i-player.
Post a reply