Moderator Control Panel ]

Unwanted death certificate

If you have birth, marriage or death records you no longer need, help other users by swapping them here

Unwanted death certificate

Postby Creber1942 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:12 am

I have an unwanted death certificate which the GRO sent to me in error!

It is for a Samuel Sherratt who died on 31st July 1903 aged 61 in Sandbach Cheshire. His son, Alfred C Sherratt was the informant.
Creber1942

Re: Unwanted death certificate

Postby pete25 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi There,

I wanted to ask:

Do you have a Maria Sharrat in your family tree by any chance? My Maria was born c1827 and came from around the Cheshire area. Maria emigrated with her family to the USA sometime around the late 1840s early 1850s. I suspect she married my 2x great grand uncle Richard Livingston(e) but can't find a marriage here in the UK, so I'm suspecting Richard and Maria married not long after they arrived in the USA. Incidentally, my Richard Livingston(e), it appears, travelled with the Sharrat family as I've found them all in Philadelphia. Maria's father was a Silk Weaver as was my 2x great grand uncle Richard.
If you can help I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can offer me...if any.

Kind regards,

Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
pete25

Postby Creber1942 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:10 pm

I am afraid not. I requested a certificate for one of my Creber family in Devon and received the Sharrett death certificate. Why or how the GRO managed to send me the wrong certificate is a mystery. I eventually got the correct certificate when I pointed out the error.
Creber1942

Postby pete25 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:14 pm

Oh right, sorry you had all that fuss with your certificate....I'll continue to search for my marriage certificate.

Thanks for coming back to me.

Kind regards,

Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
pete25

Postby ksouthall » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:14 am

Creber1942 wrote:I requested a certificate for one of my Creber family in Devon...

Out of interest, were your Creber family from the Tavistock & Walkhampton area of Devon? My great-great-great-grandmother was a Creber. She was born in Walkhampton in about 1797.
ksouthall

Return to Unwanted certificates