Moderator Control Panel ]

Issue 99 May 2015

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Issue 99 May 2015

Postby eurogordi » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:01 am

Having just received my copy of WDYTYA magazine issue 99, I was dismayed to see a holiday brochure bound between pages 66 and 67. A similar thing happened some time ago and I had hoped it wouldn't happen again. It's bad enough when full page adverts are not directly related to family history, but I can live with that because these pages are part of the magazine. But a bound holiday brochure which is also small in size that the normal pages... NO!
eurogordi

Re: Issue 99 May 2015

Postby BobsyWobsy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:49 pm

Hi
just been downloading bonus and had two issues 1 Street names of Stourbridge and its Vicinity
Would not Download and 2 Black Country Living Musem unzipped was Dorset History Centre.

The part 1 & Part2 Zip files are OK. So I have it all

sent message re Ist Error but not the second see what he says Tuesday.-
Bob T.
BobsyWobsy

Postby BobsyWobsy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi
Only just found the Holiday pages but ripped them out Does spoil the Magazine radio Times ones remove easier with Staple binding.
Bob T.
BobsyWobsy

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:02 pm

eurogordi wrote:Having just received my copy of WDYTYA magazine issue 99, I was dismayed to see a holiday brochure bound between pages 66 and 67. A similar thing happened some time ago and I had hoped it wouldn't happen again. It's bad enough when full page adverts are not directly related to family history, but I can live with that because these pages are part of the magazine. But a bound holiday brochure which is also small in size that the normal pages... NO!

Sorry to hear this Eurogordi. Advertising is necessary to keep the magazine going and the cover price down, however we do appreciate that it can be inconvenient for some. These types of inserts don't appear very often, and when they do, we always make sure they aren't placed in the middle of features.
Jon Bauckham

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:03 pm

BobsyWobsy wrote:Hi
just been downloading bonus and had two issues 1 Street names of Stourbridge and its Vicinity
Would not Download and 2 Black Country Living Musem unzipped was Dorset History Centre.

sent message re Ist Error but not the second see what he says Tuesday.-
Bob T.

Think I replied to your email, Bob? If you're still having problems let me know.
Jon Bauckham

Postby BobsyWobsy » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:03 pm

When I found out, I checked the above Zip files and they were OK so I had all info
Bob T.
BobsyWobsy

Return to Magazine chat