Moderator Control Panel ]

WDYTYA? Live 2015 team

Quiz genealogists, authors and staff from leading family history organisations in our weekly web chats. Post your questions in advance, or hop on each Friday afternoon to join the conversation live

WDYTYA? Live 2015 team

Postby Jon Bauckham » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:21 pm

Jon Bauckham

Re: WDYTYA? Live 2015 team

Postby Kidson_genealogist » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Family photo supplied by Rosemary Jaehme to Roy Crook (found in mother Daphne's possessions), March 2015.jpg
Family photo supplied by Rosemary Jaehme to Roy Crook (found in mother Daphne's possessions), March 2015.jpg (237.73 KiB) Viewed 6724 times
Dear WDYTYA team
I wondered if you could help with dating the attached family photo. We originally thought it might be my gt gt grandmother Sarah Bate (died in 1889 aged 49) but we then thought the clothes looked more recent than that. My cousin Roy and I would be most grateful for any help with dating the photo. (Would it also be possible to submit it to the magazine in case anyone recognizes it or shall I do that separately?).

Looking for ward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely
Anne Kidson
Attachments
Family photo supplied by Rosemary Jaehme to Roy Crook (found in mother Daphne's possessions), March 2015.jpg
Family photo supplied by Rosemary Jaehme to Roy Crook (found in mother Daphne's possessions), March 2015.jpg (237.73 KiB) Viewed 6724 times
Kidson_genealogist

Re: Quiz the WDYTYA? Live organisers

Postby ksouthall » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:27 pm

Hello Jon,

I do have a question for the organisers. Lots of people have commented that this year's live show is in Birmingham rather than London.

However, people do not seem to have commented on the change of timings much. As this year's show takes place in term time, I and many other working parents may not be able to attend, either because we can't take time in term time or because most of our annual leave entitlement is used to cover school holidays. Please could next year's live show take place during school holidays?

Katherine
ksouthall

Postby coopernicola » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:23 am

Just to say we are luckier in the northeast it's Easter break here. School holidays must run differently in different areas of the country. I for one am happy that it's Birmingham for a change. I know many people said they preferred London but I think the venue could do the show justice. Hope it leads to shows in other locations.
coopernicola

Postby Jon Bauckham » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:55 am

Kidson_genealogist wrote:
Dear WDYTYA team
I wondered if you could help with dating the attached family photo. We originally thought it might be my gt gt grandmother Sarah Bate (died in 1889 aged 49) but we then thought the clothes looked more recent than that. My cousin Roy and I would be most grateful for any help with dating the photo. (Would it also be possible to submit it to the magazine in case anyone recognizes it or shall I do that separately?).

Looking for ward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely
Anne Kidson

Hello Anne,

The WDYTYA? Live team won't be answering personal research queries this afternoon, only questions relating to the show itself. Would you be able to repost this in the General Research Queries section of the forum?

You can also send it to the Q&A section of the magazine, and we may be able to answer it for you there. Just email wdytyaquestions@immediate.co.uk.

Best wishes,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby DeniseCal » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:28 am

Is there a show map available yet? How warm is the NEC so I know what to wear?
DeniseCal

Postby Editor » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:04 pm

We would like to welcome the WDYTYA? Live team and thank them for coming onto our forum to answer any questions that forum users may have regarding the WDYTYA? Live show next week. If you don't manage to post a question in the next hour then feel free to post questions later as they will be checking this thread over the next few days.

Remember it's not too late to sign up for 2 tickets for just £24 by quoting FM24 when booking online at wdytya.seetickets.com/rout/who-do-you-think-you-are-live

Thank you to those who have posted and enjoy!

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby WDYTYA LIVE TEAM » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:11 pm

DeniseCal wrote:Is there a show map available yet? How warm is the NEC so I know what to wear?

Hi DeniseCal,

There will be a map in the show guide that you will be able to purchase at the event for £2, or if you have an iPhone/iPad you will be able to download our App for FREE access to the full floor plan. Just go to the App Store and look for Who Do You Think You Are? Live app.

With regards the temperature, this is our first year at the NEC so we can't be sure. These events can get quite warm, but i would suggest bringing along a couple of layers in case. We do have a cloakroom onsite that charges £1 per item.

I hope this helps!
WDYTYA LIVE TEAM

Postby WDYTYA LIVE TEAM » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:18 pm

ksouthall wrote:Hello Jon,

I do have a question for the organisers. Lots of people have commented that this year's live show is in Birmingham rather than London.

However, people do not seem to have commented on the change of timings much. As this year's show takes place in term time, I and many other working parents may not be able to attend, either because we can't take time in term time or because most of our annual leave entitlement is used to cover school holidays. Please could next year's live show take place during school holidays?

Katherine

Hi Katherine,

I am sorry you are not able to attend this year. We do try and have at least one of our days on the weekend so that everyone can attend at some point during the show.

As Coopernicola mentioned below, it is school holidays for some regions next week.
WDYTYA LIVE TEAM

Postby ksouthall » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:47 am

coopernicola wrote:Just to say we are luckier in the northeast it's Easter break here. School holidays must run differently in different areas of the country. I for one am happy that it's Birmingham for a change. I know many people said they preferred London but I think the venue could do the show justice. Hope it leads to shows in other locations.

You are lucky that the show is not during your term time. I would have liked to have a choice in attending the show on any of the three days. As it is in my term time, I would have to do the trip there and back on the Saturday (145 miles each way) and hope that there were no traffic delays on the way there so that I didn't miss anything.

I would have liked to see Reggie Yates' talk but that isn't an option on the Saturday. I can't remember if the talks are filmed or not. If so, perhaps they could be available to view on line.

I know lots of people down south are unhappy about the show being moved out of London. I am not so worried about the change of location if the show is during school holidays.
ksouthall

Next

Return to Live web chats