Moderator Control Panel ]

How do I find newspaper articles

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

How do I find newspaper articles

Postby fisherman2313 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi I am trying to find a newspaper article regarding my mother receiving a bouquet of flowers from a famous singer in the mid 1960s. She was dedicated for a housewife's choice by her sister (my aunt). While she was receiving hospital treatment for injuries caused by a house fire in 1964. I have seen the newspaper report, but due to a family disagreement my sister will not let me have the report to look at. I believe the newspaper report was done in or about 1965-1967. I have contacted some newspapers but they have not been able to locate the report. I have also asked my aunt but she has not answered my letter. My mother passed away in 2001 so I can not ask her. Any ideas from anyone would be greatly received. Julie
fisherman2313

Re: How do I find newspaper articles

Postby fisherman2313 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:27 pm

Thanks for the advice I have googled the contact details of the hospitals (she was in two hospitals) and I have emailed both of them to see if they can help me locate them. I am not sure which library would cover Cobburn Road London so will google the nearest library to cobburn Road London in the next half hour. Thank you for your advice. julie
fisherman2313

Return to Genealogy chat