Moderator Control Panel ]

Louisa Xenna

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Louisa Xenna

Postby ianbee » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Report in a couple of papers, including the Lincolnshire Echo, Wednesday 1st May 1901
THE DANGERS OF ELECTRIC TRAMS
At Kensington, on Tuesday, Mr. Drew held a long inquiry with reference to the death of Louisa Ferguson, 42 years, of Charles-street, Kensington, who died from injuries received through a fall from an electric tramcar in Hammersmith. The evidence showed that the woman stepped off while the tram was moving. The jury returned a verdict of accidental death, and added a rider that notices should be exhibited inside the cars calling attention to the fixed stopping-places, and warning passengers against leaving the cars whilst in motion.

Is in the GRO death index as Louise -
June 1901 Kensington 1a 72
Ferguson, Louise. Age 42
ianbee

Postby shakey@thisolehouse.co.uk » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:09 pm

You can confirm the McKenna link by looking at Arthur and Louisa in the 1901 census. They have an Emma Loughlin staying with them, recorded as sister in law. She is the right age to be Emma McKenna and there is a corresponding marriage of John Loughlin to Emma McKenna in Q3 1876 Kensington.

Graham.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
shakey@thisolehouse.co.uk

Postby tammyjohn3 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:09 pm

Hey

Sorry just seen your message, I gave up on the marriage to Louisa McKenna as I couldn't find anything. The family had a lot of secrets that I found out about if you would be interested mainly around Arthur and his children? If you have any info on Sophia I'd love to hear it too as I knew nothing about them or his parents! If your willing to share of course?
tammyjohn3

Postby tammyjohn3 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:35 pm

Sorry for the late reply I took some time out of doing this. I have found some information on Arthur following this though he married someone else after Louisa's death and went on to have more children. Still no progress with Louisa and Arthur's marriage though! Anything your end ?
tammyjohn3

Postby mouthfulofbees » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:23 pm

I would say that Louisa McKenna is probably your best match. The X is likely in the middle of the name because she was illiterate and signed an X on the document on the line, and the clerk wrote her name around the X. Knowing that she's illiterate may help you sort her out from others with the same name who are able to sign their full names on earlier documents.
mouthfulofbees

Previous

Return to General research queries