Moderator Control Panel ]

No Specials for NZ iTunes subscribers

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

No Specials for NZ iTunes subscribers

Postby SoozOne » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:44 pm

Very disappointed over Christmas that iTunes refused to make back issues available at the 99p ($1.99NZ) price, even though they had the "special till 1 January" price on their store description.
I bought two back copies, and was considering some others, when I was horrified to have $17.98NZ instantly deducted from my bank instead of the $3.98NZI was expecting.
The magazine suppliers replied to my email saying they couldn't do anything as it was iTunes store purchase. Told me to 'reboot my device', as if that would get a response from iTunes!
iTunes have only responded with a 'will reply within 48 hours' No-Reply email address. And of course they haven't bothered, even though I've put in two complaints.
Very disappointing.

Sent from my iPod touch using WDYTYA Forum
SoozOne

Re: No Specials for NZ iTunes subscribers

Postby irishstreetlad » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Sorry, but what's this go to do with ancestry?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
irishstreetlad

Postby ksouthall » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:07 am

irishstreetlad wrote:Sorry, but what's this go to do with ancestry?

I think SoozOne is talking about buying back issues of WDYTYA? magazine from iTunes for a special rate. She does mention "back issues" and "the magazine suppliers" in her post.
ksouthall

Postby irishstreetlad » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:40 am

Does 't mention the which magazine and didn't know you could get them through itunes. Thought it was just music and videos.

irishstreetlad

Postby SoozOne » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:31 pm

Sorry for your confusion. Thought it would be fairly obvious that I was referring to Digital back issues of WDYTYA magazine - seeing as this is the WDYTYA forum.
And yes I know that there is a separate icon on my device for apple app store, but I have been accessing device apps via itunes on my computer for the past 13 years (as apart from the now separate app-store-for-computers), and habits die hard when one is in late 70s.
The only way to put in an email product complaint for device apps, or any apple product for that matter, is via my itunes computer account.
Hope this is now clear, or less obscure, or whatever.

Sent from my iPod touch using WDYTYA Forum
SoozOne

Postby irishstreetlad » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:24 am

Is there a seperate WDYTYA for NZ? I thought it was just a UK publication. Hence the confusion. P.S Happy new year.

irishstreetlad

Postby SoozOne » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:15 am

irishstreetlad wrote:Is there a seperate WDYTYA for NZ? I thought it was just a UK publication. Hence the confusion. P.S Happy new year.

Happy New Year to you irishstreetlad,
No its exactly the same WDYTYA, but there are different branches of Apple, which have different content depending where they are on the planet. Some publications or apps I see available in the UK or USA aren't available here. Luckily more and more of the quality UK magazines are becoming digitised which is great as they're instant. Previously actual copies in shops were anything up to six months old, and cost a small fortune with added postage.
The NZ apple branch is Australian, but I think they outsource their support desk to somewhere in Asia, judging from the sometimes bizarre wording at times when I've contacted them. Phoning the NZ contact number doesn't work as they just give you an email contact.
I'm in Auckland, New Year's Day here is brilliant cloudless blue sky, hot around 23degC indoors, but with a cooling southerly breeze bringing the humidity down.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
SoozOne

Postby irishstreetlad » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:28 am

What issues in particular are you looking for? I've got lots of back copies.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
irishstreetlad

Postby SoozOne » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:28 am

irishstreetlad wrote:What issues in particular are you looking for? I've got lots of back copies.

I've only recently rekindled my Ancestral research - after the death of a last link relative, and just discovered the digital WDYTYA issues, there are around 30 back issues available, I was hoping to get as many as possible as the Christmas Special rate was a very good deal, and they're all crammed full of useful info. Its hard to judge which would be most useful from the brief description, but my main family search areas are Hampshire, Essex, and Berkshire. I'm also interested in Cornwall's history as I grew up there.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
SoozOne

Postby irishstreetlad » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:26 am

Unfortunately the digital copies don't work on my tablet so I only have paper. I know there was one recently covering Cornwall. I'll hunt it out and any others covering the other areas you mentioned. You're welcome to have them if you can get hold of the digital copies.
The Cornwall records office link is...
http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/community-an ... h-studies/
Hope this helps.
I've got a UK ancestry and findmypast subscription if you need any searches done here.

irishstreetlad

Next

Return to Magazine chat