Moderator Control Panel ]

Flight Lieutenant Thomas William Lemm

Having trouble tracking down a wartime ancestor? Share your queries – and help fellow researchers – here

Flight Lieutenant Thomas William Lemm

Postby Bath Bun » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:57 pm

I have promised to help a work colleague with tracing information about an ancestor who received the DFC in WWII.

He was known as Flight Lieutenant Thomas William Lemm but became Squadron Leader Lemm post war. He was born 1 August 1915 (registered as Abraham Thomas William Lemm) in Mile End and died in 1990. He married Thelma M Lewis in 1943.

I have found a couple of entries in the London Gazette but have otherwise drawn a blank. Is there any other research that can be done other than applying to the MOD for records?

Thanks in advance,
Bath Bun

Re: Flight Lieutenant Thomas William Lemm

Postby Justin20000 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:12 am

Hi

He is on my tree.

Maybe we could talk?

Thanks

Justin
Justin20000

Postby Bath Bun » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi Justin

Apologies for delay in replying. Illness in the family. As I am trying to help out a work colleague I don't have many details, only those I have provided. Do you have an email address that I could pass on to him so that he could make direct contact? I can't see that there is a facility for private messages on here so not sure of the best way to achieve this.

Alison
Bath Bun

Postby Sylcec » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:03 pm

Yes - there is a facility for private messages - click on the little 'pm' icon on the left below sender's name.
Sylcec

Return to Military help