Moderator Control Panel ]

Brick Wall Tip

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Brick Wall Tip

Postby warpo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Right im no genius but here's a little tip that I discovered without even thinking about it.

I'm searching for this lady living all on her lonesome by the name of Charlotte Elizabeth Pearce, All her life she was living in Brighton. After searching on Ancestry she vanished after the 1881 census. So for 1891 she was no where to be found despite Ancestry showing she died in 1896.

I popped over to FMP and found her on the 1891 census but couldn't record the source as my main tree is on Ancestry.

So on FMP I checked who she was living next door to, a Michael and Emma Connor, to be exact, taking note of their birth places. So I popped back to Ancestry, did a search for Emma Connor born in Chichester and straight away she came up with Michael Connor. I clicked on it to view the record and lower on the page it where it says "Neighbours - Click here to view", simply click on it and bam.

Needless to say the Charlotte Elizabeth Pearce was certainly there, but as "Charlotte Purcel"

It maybe useless info for you, but I thought it might help someone out.

Dean
warpo

Re: Brick Wall Tip

Postby AdrianB38 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:03 pm

It's a good way of doing things.

Sent from my GT-I8190N
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby meekhcs » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:02 pm

I regularly hop between the two. It's amazing how many records are "missing" on different sites!
meekhcs

Postby researchgranny » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:45 pm

I often look for another family member. My g grandfather I couldn't find in 1911 under his own name, but searched instead for my uncle who was 18 months old, and there they all are living in Hammersmith

Sent from my GT-N8010 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
researchgranny

Postby coopernicola » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Smart thinking! I shall be having a go to attach records to my unlisted ancestors. Thank you.
coopernicola

Return to Genealogy chat