Moderator Control Panel ]

Twiggy's episode

Discuss the brand new series of Who Do You Think You Are? featuring the likes of Julie Walters, Brian Blessed and Billy Connolly

Twiggy's episode

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:36 pm

It's here!

Tomorrow night, supermodel Twiggy researches her London roots in what will be the 100th episode of Who Do You Think You Are? to date - quite an achievement!

As ever, let us know what you thought of the programme by posting below.

Cheers,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Re: Twiggy's episode

Postby bigmama1960 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:46 pm

Good episode but they have missed the children on the 1871 and 1881 census so there are 4 not included and maybe some who were born and died between the census returns plus why didnt twiggy ask where William was on the 1871 Census when they were looking at Grace. Good programme but missing vital information..
bigmama1960

Postby Canucky Woman » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:48 pm

This was, for me, the most surreal episode ever. Because I discovered that Twiggy is my 3rd cousin!

I have no idea what to do with this information, besides call my parents across the ocean and say, "OMG!!" :o :lol:

Has this ever happened to anyone else? And what did you do about it??
Canucky Woman

Postby ColinB » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:44 pm

It can be exciting when you first make this sort of connection I know . Your family will probably be interested and you will want to record the details for future reference ,but beyond that I don't think you need to do anything . We discovered a connection to David Dimbleby in our family , which amuses us every time we see him on tv and we refer to him , tongue in cheek , as cousin David , but that's as far as it goes !

Colin
ColinB

Postby Canucky Woman » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:29 pm

True. I'm grateful she filled in some gaps in my tree and answered a couple of questions.

I wonder whether she knows that Grace Gillies Meadows actually had TWO son-in-laws in the police force...other than Daniel Crackett...because my great-grandfather married her daughter Elizabeth...and was a witness at Daniel Crackett's wedding to Sarah, another daughter... :P
Canucky Woman

Postby junkers » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:01 pm

Twiggy does have a website so you could trying contacting her there.
junkers

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2014