Moderator Control Panel ]

Another Howler!

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Another Howler!

Postby Pennie » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:19 pm

May I (very) respectfully suggest that you improve on your general level of proof-reading.

The six-page "Around Britain" feature on Somerset includes one page headlined "Archives & Resources for North Yorkshire"! This is just the latest in a long line of editorial errors (I usually manage to find at least a couple in each edition) and does nothing for the integrity of the magazine.

However, I do enjoy the magazine and have been a subscriber for quite a few years!

Pennie
Pennie

Re: Another Howler!

Postby Editor » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:49 am

Yes, we had quite a few people point that one out. I'm afraid it was copy left over from a previous month and didn't get spotted by three pairs of eyes so apologies for that. Obviously we do try to be entirely error-free but there are a lot of words in our magazine and we are a small team. Having said that, even big teams let mistakes through as I often discover in newspapers and mainstream magazines, so I think the occasional error is probably inevitable with so many words coming out on a monthly basis. Having said that, we want to be getting better, not worse, so I'll keep an eye on things and try and reduce the number of howlers we publish!

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Return to Magazine chat