Moderator Control Panel ]

I need help starting

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: I need help starting

Postby meekhcs » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:58 pm

I think this could be the birth 1876 Ecclesall Bierlow a-j 9c,314 for William Henry Woolley. this isthe reg district for Sheffield.
Sally
meekhcs

Postby meekhcs » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:05 pm

Sorry I should have said it was the adjacent reg district to Sheffield. Ecclesall is a suburb of Sheffield and eventually the two districts were merged.
Sally
meekhcs

Postby Mrs Milner » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:23 pm

You guys are amazing, thank you so much!!!!!! I'll take a look at all this in detail later, I'm at work at the moment. I think you may have removed my brick wall :D My Grandma will be pleased.
Mrs Milner

Postby Mrs Milner » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi I've looked at all this in detail now and I'm confused again. Sorry If I'm being dumb but I can find no mention of Ivy in all that you have found so where does she fit in?
Mrs Milner

Postby isobelc » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:32 am

Ivy Doris appears in the 1911 census at 17 Mill Road Lincoln. She is mistranscribed on Ancestry as Ivy Douis Nowal. Her parents are William Henry Norval (Nowal) and Helena.She was registered Ivy Doris Woolley in 1902 in Lincoln. Some of her siblings were born Norval. The family appear to have changed their name from Woolley to Norval at some point and some family members later went under the name Woolley-Norval.
I have some other info. about William Henry Norval,s father( also William Henry Norval) which I will post later.
Isobel
isobelc

Postby JulesBean » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:25 pm

I've just stumbled across this post and as it's from 3 years ago, may have come to a stop.
I am Elsie Dorothy Woolley's granddaughter.
The change in name has confused us for years and my Mum has done a lot of research on it.
I wonder if you have any connection to the family or found out any more information?
Julie
JulesBean

Previous

Return to General research queries