Moderator Control Panel ]

iPad App - word of warning

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

iPad App - word of warning

Postby joannelovesbooks » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:38 am

Just a note of warning for anyone who is using or considering switching to the iPad app for WDYTYA issues. I recently had a problem with the app where certain issues kept getting stuck on a particular page. I sought help for how to overcome this and, in the end, the only solution was to uninstall and reinstall the app. In the process of doing this all the issues were removed and I had to reinstall them, but the app is not giving me the option to reinstall nine of the issues unless I pay £4.99 for the monthly issues and £7.99 for the special issues, because these issues had previously been given to me at no charge as part of a signing up promotion. I have corresponded with Immediate Media about this and the only advice they have given me is to wait until there is a back issues special offer when I'll be able to buy them again for 99p each. They have offered to extend my subscription by three months to compensate, however, I am still really disappointed as I have subscribed to WDYTYA since day one and now have gaps in the series as I don't have the paper copies or the digital copies of those issues.

If you switch to the app, do be aware that there is a chance you could lose your issues and if you have a problem where one issue gets stuck, my advice would be to just miss out on that particular issue in case resolving it means you will lose all your other digital issues of the magazine!

Joanne
joannelovesbooks

Re: iPad App - word of warning

Postby arb » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Wow! That is terrible. The "promo" issues should be tied to your account regardless. Very disappointing service if they've just told you to wait for a sale. 8^(

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
arb

Postby joannelovesbooks » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:44 pm

Yes, I do feel very let down by the response.

Do you still live in Stretford? My mum grew up in Milton Road and I spent a lot of my childhood there.

Joanne
joannelovesbooks

Postby arb » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:05 am

I've never even been to England let alone Stretford, though I'd love to visit one day. My great great grandfather was from Stretford and he emigrated to Australia in 1856. 8^)

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
arb

Return to Magazine chat