Moderator Control Panel ]

Francis Radford - Architect/Bulder 1821-1900 - Photos?

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Francis Radford - Architect/Bulder 1821-1900 - Photos?

Postby Cherryannee » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:54 pm

Does anyone recognise the people in these photographs, please? I believe they may be connected with Francis Radford, builder and architect, of Holland Park and Pembridge Gardens, London. He was born in Kentisbeare, Devon in 1821 and died 6 Jan 1900 at 26 Pembridge Gardens.

I think the younger boy in the family group may well be the samer person as the photo of the man on his own. The father in the family group looks to me like the older man, seated in the photo of the four men. It would seem likely that the other three men are his sons.

I may be completely wrong but if anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful.
Attachments
Radford Family.jpg
Radford Family.jpg (165.46 KiB) Viewed 7950 times
Radfords.jpg
Radfords.jpg (167.83 KiB) Viewed 7950 times
Francis Radford.jpg
Francis Radford.jpg (240.01 KiB) Viewed 7950 times
Cherryannee

Re: Francis Radford - Architect/Bulder 1821-1900 - Photos?

Postby Martin OR » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:55 pm

I am very interested in your photos of the Radford family. I am doing research on the houses in Holland Park that Francis Radford designed and it would be very interesting to have a confirmation that perhaps the man standing alone with the moustach is, perhaps, Francis Radford.

I would be very grateful if you would let me know if you find any confirmation of the identities of the individuals in the pictures

Best Regards,

Martin O'Rourke
Martin OR

Postby Cherryannee » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Since posting, I have been in touch with a relative of Francis Radford, who thought the gentleman seated was Francis and later sent me a photo of a portrait his father has, which confirms this. He believes the three men standing are the sons of Francis. I have various other records of Francis - do you have an email address you would like me to send to?
Cherryannee

Postby suzebond » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi,I have just been doing some research on the Radford family of Kentisbeare in Devon. I think that the second of your photos must be Francis senior and his three sons (William, Francis and John). By 1851 the whole family had moved from Devon and all the sons were involved, with their father, in the building industry
If you are interested I do have more information
Sue
Sue Bond, Exeter
suzebond

Postby Cherryannee » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi Sue - many thanks for contacting me. I'm trying to find out where the connection is between Francis Radford, the builder, and my grandfather's cousin, Selina Grace Tozer. Her father was Charles Samuel Radford Tozer (1858-1937 born and died in London). His father was Francis Radford Tozer who was born in Exeter in 1832 and died in Hammersmith in 1912, so he made the move from Devon to London. His father was John Tozer, born in Coldbrook in 1781. I'm trying to find the relationship between Francis Radford and my branch of the family but there seem to be quite a lot of Radford and Tozers in Devon! If you have any info, I would be really grateful. Kind regards, Anne.
Cherryannee

Return to Photo identification