Moderator Control Panel ]

Brian Blessed's episode

Discuss the brand new series of Who Do You Think You Are? featuring the likes of Julie Walters, Brian Blessed and Billy Connolly

Re: Brian Blessed's episode

Postby leslam » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:22 pm

It's a lovely church - beautiful don't and intriguing churchyard. There's an amazing tree with dozens of grave stones stacked against it following changes to the graveyard when the train line was built.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
leslam

Postby ksouthall » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Wahian wrote:But interesting for me to see St Pancras Old Church.....

Me too, as some of my ancestors were married there.
ksouthall

Postby Jon Bauckham » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:36 pm

Hello everyone,

If you're feeling inspired by Brian Blessed's episode, you may be interested to know that we're running a live web chat with workhouse expert Peter Higginbotham tomorrow afternoon.

Whether you've hit a brick wall or need to know more about a certain institution, Peter will be online to answer your workhouse-related queries between 2pm and 3pm.

Hope to see you there!
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby Wahian » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:13 pm

Findmypast newspaper records reveal that on 9 July 1855, a Jabez Blessed of Brigg, had his earnings stolen by an apparently well known prostitute, Anne Sloane.
Wahian

Postby Fpoulton » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:58 am

I thought this was WDYTYA at its best, it encompassed lots of different sources and showed the detective aspect of genealogy. Really loved it.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
Fpoulton

Postby meekhcs » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:58 pm

Have only just watched this episode and was totally enthralled. Such highs and lows but what a marvellous ending to have the brothers find each other, and a magnificent tombstone for Jabez. I have always thought that a hawker scraped a living but Jabez was obviously very successful.
Sally
meekhcs

Postby warpo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Certainly was one of the better ones imo. Very emotional, i've had that feeling a few times on my tree so know exactly how he felt.

Dean
warpo

Postby Markymoomoo » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:58 pm

This has been, for me, easily the best episode of the series so far. Brian epitomised everything genealogy should be. He's right in saying how important the stories of ordinary people are - and it's always nice to find guts, courage and imagination in ones ancestry :)
Markymoomoo

Postby GrannieBlessed » Wed May 06, 2015 2:35 pm

I have recently got hold of a family tree which traces my mothers family back to Javed Blessed etc and wanted to contact Brian B to see where we are related. As far as I can see we may both have the same great great grandfather.

My own Grandson would like to meet his famous relative when he visits the Isle of Man this Summer.
Cant find an e mail address anywhere to contact him.

Any suggestions
GrannieBlessed

Postby AntonyM » Wed May 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Try contacting him through his agent ..

http://aimagents.com/actors/brian-blessed
AntonyM

Previous

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2014