Moderator Control Panel ]

Mark Bayley (TheGenealogist)

Quiz genealogists, authors and staff from leading family history organisations in our weekly web chats. Post your questions in advance, or hop on each Friday afternoon to join the conversation live

Re: Mark Bayley (TheGenealogist)

Postby m_bayley » Fri May 23, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi again Callbrian, the 1921 census does have the problem with the 1920 act blocking the census for 100 years. There have been petitions, such as the one you mention http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/49199 but they achieve well below what is needed (100,000 signatures) for it to be debated in the House of Commons. For now I think the best bet is to search other record sets for that period such as directories. You can see our directory coverage here: http://www.thegenealogist.co.uk/coverag ... 8#includes
m_bayley

Postby callbrian » Fri May 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Thanks once again for your reply.
Brian
[color=#0000FF]callbrian[/color]
callbrian

Postby Editor » Fri May 23, 2014 12:59 pm

Thank you for coming on and answering those questions for us Mark and thank you to everyone who posted a question. Next week we've got TV genealogist and author Anthony Adolph coming on to help people with their brick walls.

Regards

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby m_bayley » Fri May 23, 2014 1:01 pm

Thanks for inviting me along Sarah :)
m_bayley

Postby MartinJ1952 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:33 pm

See he didn't answer my question just provided a link to a discount.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
Martin
MartinJ1952

Postby m_bayley » Fri May 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi Martin we have always provided a professional sub, they provide a means for fair usage. Our professional subscribers are very happy with the service. It is not something we intend to stop in the future, but we can provide the £100 discount to make the sub more affordable: http://www.thegenealogist.co.uk/nameind ... ode=PRO100

Have a great bank holiday
m_bayley

Postby MartinJ1952 » Mon May 26, 2014 6:10 am

Have just seen Mark's reply, still no justification as to why The Genealogist charges self-employed professional genealogists more than 3 times the rate charged to members of the public for the Diamond Subscription. If Ancestry & FindMyPast make no distinction then why does The Genealogist discriminate in this way?

Martin
MartinJ1952

Postby redjeepie » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:25 pm

hi I been trying to work on family history through familysearch through my grandmother on my father side someone connected all the way to king Heytir gorrsson of kvenland 425-499 could this be right also having no luck finding connection anywhere with my grandfather Howard O'Neil born 1890 in New Brunswick, Canada my grandmother came to the US in 1922 Mary O'Neil (Mary Mclaughlin) but I can not find any records for him death, were he is buried or were he is buried or his parents I have been stoned when it comes to him
redjeepie

Postby anniekapbay » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:25 am

Hi Mark

I am trying to search my husbands family Beylaard I have been told that when his father or grandfather was born in Amsterdam the father was overseas with the military and who registered the birth spelt the name wrong I believe it was spelt Bijlaard but no mater how I search I am not able to make any connections what advice can you give me to assist me in this quest
Thank you
Anne

anniekapbay

Previous

Return to Live web chats