Switch to full style

Moderator Control Panel

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here
Post a reply

FindMyPast credits

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:51 pm

For various reasons I haven't been able to do much research over the last few months. I don't have a subscription with FindMyPast, instead I buy credits which I haven't been using. In order that I don't lose them, when I get the email reminding me they're going to expire, I purchase another 60 with the result that at the changeover on the website, I had 210. I received an email saying they were going to expire so went online and bought another 60 and thought all was ok with my, now, 270 credits. A week later, I received another email saying that my credits were going to expire in 5 days' time. Panicking, I logged on, only to find that the original 210 credits were expiring in 5 days' time whilst the newly-purchased 60 credits would expire in three month's time. This wasn't immediately obvious, (at the top it said I had 270 credits) it was only after delving around 'My Account' that I discovered this. I tried to use some of the credits but gave up with the site (my annoyance of the whole situation didn't help) and ended up sending a scathing email to them. I've had a prompt reply, apologising and saying that this shouldn't have happened. Result - they've reinstated ALL the credits (even those I used) and extended them for six months.

I've seen comments about this on various forums so if this has happened to anyone else, it shouldn't have done so get on to them asap.
Post a reply