Moderator Control Panel ]

WW1 wills online - problems

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

WW1 wills online - problems

Postby LOUJN17 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:47 am

Hi,

I just wondered if any one out there tried to purchase a will over the Easter weekend and had any problems?

On Easter Monday I found my soldier, put in basket... Checkout... Paid via credit card (verified my account) then the message came up saying a problem had occurred with the gov.uk website and that it would be logged and checked by them. So I tried again, and again. Then gave up.

Now I see I have been charged on my credit card for 3 wills, I have had no email confirming my purchase nor any wills, nothing from gov.uk

I don't think the sale even went through as far as the gov.uk site are concerned. But now I am £18 down with no wills.

I have looked on the gov.uk site for a contact link for the wills online service but can only find a general contact us form (which covers a huge array of government departments) and so I have had to send a request for contact details or refund to this general email. As yet I have not had a reply.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any suggestions as to how I get either my money back or 3 wills?

I would assume that I am not the only one who had this problem last weekend as it was a website error that occurred.

Thanks all

Louise

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
LOUJN17

Re: WW1 wills online - problems

Postby Yorks-girl » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi
Can't help you regarding your wills. As regards getting your money back, contact your credit card company and explain it to them and they should be able to put a claim in on your behalf.
Yorks-girl

Postby ColinB » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:37 pm

On the Advanced Search page there is a feedback button which opens a blank email to HMCSbulkorders , this would at least ensure your query goes to the right department.

Good luck

Colin
ColinB

Postby LOUJN17 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:18 pm

Brilliant, thank you I will try your suggestions.

Louise

LOUJN17

Postby Roger Wood » Mon May 19, 2014 6:13 pm

I tried on two occasions for 7 wills on April 17 £42 x 2 taken from my credit card (No Wills).
Again for same wills on April 18 £42 taken from my credit card. (No Wills).
Then April 28 again for same wills another £42 from credit card. (No Wills).
On each occasion transaction taken followed by a error message and a statement saying I would be e-mailed. Did not receive any e-mail about this Matter.
I did not realize until today when the Credit card account arrived that the money had been from my account.
I e-mailed about this problem. Still waiting for a reply.

I needed the wills for research of the men on my village war memorials.

Roger
Roger Wood

Postby LOUJN17 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi,

I have eventually received my refund and a copy of one will. Although it did take a lot of chasing up.

Keep emailing for a response.

Good luck.

Louise

LOUJN17

Return to Genealogy chat