Moderator Control Panel ]

Harry Page

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Harry Page

Postby Teresad » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:43 pm

I am looking for information on a Harry Page. (His name is Harry not Harold)
I am not sure where he was born but he was born in abt 1894. According to his marriage certificate he married a Daisy Turner in Hove, Sussex in November of 1917. His father was called John and he was a labourer (he was still alive at the time of the marriage)

Harry was killed on the 23rd of March 1918 and is buried in Chauncy communal cemetery in Belgium. He was serving with the Queen's Royal West Surrey Regiment.

I am just trying to find out if he had/has any siblings etc and a little more information about him.
Teresad

RE: Harry Page

Postby paulberyl » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:23 am

Without wishing to state the obvious but have you tried the 1901 census for Harry and his father John, with the job of labourer. This should provide a place of birth for Harry and his mother's forename (if still living and at home) which will help in identifing a birth certificate.

If he had any sibling born before 1901 still living at home they will also be included. This can be followed up with the 1911 census when released.

Paul
paulberyl

Postby Teresad » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:33 pm

I have looked in the 1901 census and found abt 4 possibilities. So unfortunately i'm still none the wiser with the elusive Harry Page.
Teresad

Postby mrsaverage40s » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:50 am

Hi Teresad,
Harry Page in WW1 death records was listed as dying age 24, born in Forest Row, Sussex.

East Grinstead is the admin district for Forest Row, so with a quick search I can only find one possible Harry Page for the correct area and time frame- Jul-Sep 1893 East Grinstead 2b 143 PAGE Harry.

On the 1901 census at Shepherd's Well, Forest Row, East Grinstead, Sussex are:
John PAGE, Head, married, age 37, bricklayers labourer, worker, born East Grinstead, Sussex
Charlotte PAGE, wife, age 32, born Hartfield, Sussex
William PAGE, son, age 15, carter boy on farm, worker, born Forest Row, Sussex
George E PAGE, son, age 12, born Forest Row, Sussex
Harry (K?) PAGE, son, age 7, born Forest Row, Sussex.
mrsaverage40s

Postby ksouthall » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:16 am

If mrsaverage40s has got the right family, this would tie in with the marriage of John Page and Charlotte Bertha Willie, who married in Q4 of 1885 in East Grinstead.
ksouthall

Return to General research queries