Moderator Control Panel ]

Who Do you Think You Are?

Recently watched a repeat and discovered something new? Have a query about how the show is made? This is the place to have your say

Who Do you Think You Are?

Postby JaneyNZ » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Newbie to forum

I was born in the UK and have always been interested in family history but only started my own research a few years after my mum died. I have always watched and re watched the UK and USA version of WDYTYA with great fascination. I now live in New Zealand where are lucky to receive UK, USA and Australian versions although I do not necessarily know all the celebs the history is fascinating as each one is so different I believe many more countries now have their own format it would be lovely to see the Ireland version or others as you learn so much and often you can then see why branches of your tree ended up where they are.
To date I have 6000 people in my tree re found several cousins and reunited my FIL with his older brother who they had not seen/spoken to for 40 years! I made a huge break through on my own tree with my GGFR this year whose name was Smith (only taken 10 years). So far I have branches in NZ, Australia, Canada, USA, UK, Germany, Ireland & Scotland.
regards Jane
JaneyNZ

Return to General Who Do You Think You Are? chat