Moderator Control Panel ]

Roots.Chat Website

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Roots.Chat Website

Postby pete25 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:06 pm

I just wanted to say how delighted I've been with Roots.Chat.
I've been given much assistance in my pursuit of finding my Irish ancestry.
The person who found me Irish (Dublin) baptism records also found me a number of websites which relate to my 'Silk Weaving' ancestors.
Like this website, Root.Chat, is a website I highly recommend. Not only other members help with your quest, but also do the staff at Roots.Chat.
I just want to say a big thank you to WDYTYA and Roots.Chat. I've not been a member very long and I'm amazed how much family history I've been assisted with...all very positive results.
Thanks again,
Peter.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
pete25

Re: Roots.Chat Website

Postby Tree Detective » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:40 am

Totally agree Pete. Never knew Roots Chat existed until yesterday when I was searching for someone and it lead me to the website which turned out that one of my ancestors lived with his uncle and Auntie and also his name was changed to theirs. Amazing how a little bit of information can change things. :grin:
Happy searching!

Sent from my GT-I9295 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
Tree Detective

Postby pete25 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi Tree Detective,

So pleased you found RootsChat.com and it helped you along in your search.
I posted on the Dublin, Ireland web page and it was a reader who found me two baptisms.
Also, this person found me a few web links, which told me more regarding my Livingston family history.
I was so delighted as my Irish Livingston's were proving very difficult. This, I understand, was/is due to Irish genealogy being very difficult.
All the very best and happy searching to you too.
Pete.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
pete25

Postby Tree Detective » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:35 am

Hi pete25,

Irish genealogy isnt easy at all. As mentioned before I thought I had discovered new information regarding an ancestor only to find it wasn't correct! So the search continues!!

Sent from my GT-I9295 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
Tree Detective

Return to Genealogy chat