Moderator Control Panel ]

Albert William Anderson

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Albert William Anderson

Postby andfel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:32 am

Hello everybody.
I'm trying to research a family tree for a friend of mine who knows absolutely nothing about his father's side of the family. I have hit a wall regarding his grandfather Albert William Anderson.
My friends father is Leonard Anderson born November 1912 in St Pancras, London. His parents were Albert William Anderson a railway porter and Lizzie Scott. I can find no marriage record for them or any record of them being together on the 1911 census. On Leonard's later marriage certificate, Albert William appears as a coachbuilder.
If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful. I've been grappling with this for ages. Many thanks

WDYTYA Forum
andfel

Re: Albert William Anderson

Postby Sylcec » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:25 am

I suggest that you copy or transfer your message over to the Research Help board - this is a much more general chat space which is not so often looked at!

It looks as if your friend's father's birth was not registered until rather late as it appears here:
1913, March qtr: Anderson Leonard Scott Pancras vol.1b, p.3

Like you, I could not find a marriage certificate for the couple you name and I searched from 1900-1920.

Is Albert the 30 year old Railway Porter living with his parents Henry and Emma Anderson and sister Jessie at Wood Green in 1911?

Unless Albert was a witness or present at Leonard's marriage, you should not assume that he was alive at that time. Is anything known about Leonard's mother, Lizzie?
Sylcec

Re: Albert William Anderson

Postby andfel » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:58 am

Hello sylcec,
Thank you very much for looking at this. I've been going round and round with it.
This is the correct birth cert for Leonard. After several attempts at finding it, I found that the birth date on this one is correct.
I have also wondered whether the Wood Green Albert is correct. I did chase it up And unfortunately nothing was concrete. I will look at it again but I have a feeling that this Albert had the wrong middle name. This is one of the several anderson family trees I have that seem to be barking up the wrong tree so to speak.
Unfortunately Leonard married much later and Albert is 'deceased' on the certificate. My friend's mother and Leonard were never married.
Thanks for the advice about reporting. I'll do that.
Best wishes
Andfel
andfel

Return to Genealogy chat