Moderator Control Panel ]

John Chappin- Bucks/Herts

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

John Chappin- Bucks/Herts

Postby jonewfie » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Please can you help with my brick wall?
I am stuck with John Chappin who was born around 1783 in Bucks. He married Elizabeth Duncombe on 23/1/1809 in Tring. I would really like to find his baptism record to find out his parents and whether there were any siblings.
jonewfie

Re: John Chappin- Bucks/Herts

Postby meekhcs » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:29 pm

Buckinghamshire have an excellent FHS. Suggest it's worth emailing them at www.bucksfhs.org.uk
meekhcs

Postby SueChappin » Thu May 21, 2015 6:36 pm

I have a John Chappin of Marsworth Bucks for 1799 but unlikely to be the same one. His parents were Thomas & Sarah Chappin of Marsworth and their tomb is in the parish church yard by the door of the church. His father most likely had syblings from which yours came. We seem to run in big families who remained in the same area
It could be worth looking at the church yard as there are many old stones.
I have problems going back beyond Thomas who died 1728 to find out a the parish records were burnt in a fire, I think at the church.
Though I can go back to the 1600's there is a gap.
I would be interested to know if you found more as the family is a very interesting one. I have original documents for my branch giving detail of farming over 100yrs.
SueChappin

Postby Sue Chappin » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:37 am

Very late to the party! Maybe too late but for future reference I have the whole line now.
John Chappin b1783 Whittle, Shepherd, married 23.1.09 Elizabeth Dunscombe. John died 11.10.58. Possibily living at Gubble Rd Cottage, Long Marston.
7 children and parents lived in Drayton Beauchamp. John seems to have moved to LM. 5 brothers registered at DB.
Goes back to 1658 and onwards to present day.
Sue Chappin

Postby jonewfie » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:06 pm

Hi Sue
Thank you for your reply, it is the same John, do you have any clues about his parents? Would love to knock down this wall.
Jo
jonewfie

Return to General research queries