Moderator Control Panel ]

US series only 1 programme?

From Bill Oddie to Ruby Wax, have your say on past episodes of Who Do You Think You Are? here

US series only 1 programme?

Postby colliehouse » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:04 pm

I was really getting excited to see that the US series was going to start here on Sunday. That is until I realised that there was no 1/6 or however many, just the one programme listed. So are we just getting the 1 programme? Sorry about the rant but the BBC is really driving me mad at the moment, so much garbage on the tv and very little worth watching. All I want is WDYTYA.
colliehouse

Re: US series only 1 programme?

Postby Annie08 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi
I have seen somewhere that it was the first one of the series, but can't remember where I saw it - it was a 'paper/magazine' I'm sure of. I've checked the TV listing from the telly and next Sunday at that time is one of the World Cup matches. I expect it will settle down after the World Cup or when there is not a match on a Sunday.

Annie08
Annie08

Postby colliehouse » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:23 pm

Well, I am hopeful of more programmes as the series link button came up on Sky+ so eventually the other programmes may come. Hope they are all as good as the last one.
colliehouse

Postby markmorgan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:49 pm

The whole series is seven episodes produced by Lisa (Friends) Kudrow. I'm guessing there is a gap in the schedule because Wimbledon is on.

http://www.nbc.com/who-do-you-think-you-are/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1365047/

Mark.
markmorgan

Postby Editor » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:20 am

I don't know why we've only had the one episode. Australia and Ireland are getting the whole lot. I know the BBC has prepared the other ones for a UK audience (ie taken out the ad breaks etc) so I guess we will be seeing them at some point. If you don't want to miss them (sometimes these things get scheduled at the last minute too late include them in the magazine), then sign up for a weekly email newsletter as it keeps you up-to-date with relevant history and genealogy TV programmes including any episodes of WDYTYA.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby sawyerfamilyhistory » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:49 pm

Who Do You Think You Are USA

Episode 2 with Brooke Shields

On Sky planner as being shown Sunday 5th July at 21:15pm
sawyerfamilyhistory

Postby markmorgan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:47 pm

Big fail in the July 2010 Your Family Tree magazine which says
The BBC has announced that it won't be showing the US version of Who Do You Think You Are?
, NOT! LOL. It is in fact on this Sunday on BBC1 at 9:15 http://www.bbcwhodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/episode/us/brooke-shields just after Top Gear on 2.

Mark.
markmorgan

Return to Previous series of Who Do You Think You Are?