Moderator Control Panel ]

Feedback on magazine

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Feedback on magazine

Postby ghmpwife » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:09 am

I am very pleased with the content of the WDYTYA? magazine, and always find something of interest but find the layout confusing when turning the page in the middle of an article. Frequently the first piece on the next page, although related to the main article, goes off at a tangent and could quite easily be fitted in after the main piece. It would be easier to keep the continuity.
ghmpwife

Re: Feedback on magazine

Postby pre1837 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:55 pm

It is a different colour.
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Postby Winneba » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:48 pm

I have subscribed to the magazine for some time now and think it helpful and informative. It is the best general purpose magazine I know covering a wide variety of interests. I recently showed it to a Australian relative who was visiting and she was quite impressed.
I particularly like the then and now photographs especially of areas I have visited. I found the one of the Birmingham Bull ring very interesting as it shows the church where a family ancestor was married and the modern one was a revelation as I haven't been there for almost 40 years.
I have finally plucked up sufficient courage to use the website to ask for help and would like to say Thanks to everyone involved.
Please continue to provide a separate CD of information
Winneba

Postby Editor » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I assume that you are referring to our 'background' boxes that sometimes take up a full page in our features? We are currently working on a redesign of the entire magazine so any feedback like this is very helpful. We will make it clearer what is a 'boxout' and what is part of the main copy in future. While we are working on the redesign, now is a good time for anyone to comment on the 'usability' of the magazine. We will also be 'restructuring' the magazine working on feedback that we have been getting from our Reader Panel. If you want to be involved in giving feedback on the magazine, you can join our Reader Panel at www.bbcmagazineinsiders.com.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby pre1837 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:13 pm

Sarah, Will the 'New' mag still fit the Folders?
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Return to Magazine chat