Moderator Control Panel ]

a few medical words to decipher please

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: a few medical words to decipher please

Postby wecanbeheroes » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:06 pm

ianbee wrote:Yes, we do need another opinion!
All I can think of for the last word is (or is meant to be) anaemic, not that it really seems to fit (is there a bit of overwriting there?).

I think (as Artognou also said) that it is 'anaemic' - I'm going with that unless someone else can prove me wrong :)
wecanbeheroes

Postby wecanbeheroes » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:35 pm

I've just spotted a few more words I need to decipher, if you all wouldn't mind :)

Frances Louisa Slade - INQUEST JUNE 9 1890 - deciphering-last bit.jpg
Frances Louisa Slade - INQUEST JUNE 9 1890 - deciphering-last bit.jpg (607.81 KiB) Viewed 196 times

"On the 1st inst the sister told me that the relatives knew that she was to go under chloroform and on the 4th inst we ???concluded??? to put her legs into splints to straighten the legs. I ??examined?? her as to her heart ??? ????? (one word above the other I think) as to when she might be put under chloroform. I could find nothing wrong. She was not so well as when she was admitted"

Thanks again to everyone who has helped me make sense of this very sad document.
wecanbeheroes

Postby AnnieScot » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:39 am

We intended to put her under... I examined her as to her heart &a lungs as to whether she might be put under chloroform (and rest as you've got)

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
AnnieScot

Postby wecanbeheroes » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:01 am

AnnieScot wrote:We intended to put her under... I examined her as to her heart &a lungs as to whether she might be put under chloroform (and rest as you've got)

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum

Ah yes 'intend' & 'lungs' - I can see it now! Thank you Annie :)
wecanbeheroes

Previous

Return to General research queries