Moderator Control Panel ]

Railway Ancestors

Sue Johnston - talk about the show

Re: Railway Ancestors

Postby linnet27 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Thanks for that information. I will have a look for my great grandfather who worked his way from fireman to engine driver in the Nottingham area. He lived in Netherfield, close to Colwick, which I believe was quite a major railway area. Does anyone know which Company it would have been as there seem to be more than one in the area.
linnet27

Postby ksouthall » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:48 pm

linnet27 wrote:... Does anyone know which Company it would have been as there seem to be more than one in the area.

I just entered my ancestor's name and checked down the list. It should show the main station which would hopefully be a name you recognise. It depends on how unusual the surname you are tracing is.
ksouthall

Postby linnet27 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:29 pm

I will have a go tomorrow. The name is Mosedale - you may remember from last year when you helped me try to untangle 2 very similar families!!

Lynne
linnet27

Postby ksouthall » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:25 pm

Yes I remember. How have you been getting on with finding out about the Mosedales?
By the way, there are 21 Mosedale records in the Railway Staff records on Ancestry. Not sure if any are the right ones or not but I'm guessing they will add to the collection as more records are digitised so even if you don't find the records you're after now, they may be there some time in the future.
ksouthall

Postby linnet27 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:13 pm

No joy with the Railway records, but as you say, hopefully more will be added.

Family research is going well. I got back another generation and then managed to link in to some online research back to the mid 1600s. I'm now working back through the more recent family trying to add flesh to the bones!
linnet27

Postby hamburg113 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:38 am

Hi

I found that a member asked same question in this forum some months ago.

Pls use search box to find this questions with comments

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: http://railroadjobguide.info/
Best regards.
hamburg113

Stairs and fences made of spyglass, wood, metal

Postby Bamon rox » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:53 am

There are many different styles, decorations, materials that can be used to personalize the interior, but first we will only look at the types of staircases that are best suited for different spaces
Bamon rox

Xembongdahd

Postby Howardter » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:22 pm

Xembongdahd
Howardter

Previous

Return to Sue Johnston