Moderator Control Panel ]

Brick Wall , Christopher Wrenn , born 27/3/1905

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Brick Wall , Christopher Wrenn , born 27/3/1905

Postby Simon45 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:11 pm

avaline wrote:Odd - I thought I had him on the 1939 at 41 Timothy Road, Stepney, transcribed on FMP as Christopger J Wren.

The odd thing is that although is that the day & month (27 Mar) both match, the YoB is 1901.

His wife appears to be Rosetta, but if its him he married in 1920

ADDED: Scrap that one - marriage names his father as Christopher John too. Coincidence that they have the same birthday though


Hi
Thank you for all the information

Christopher Wrenns death is proving very hard to find ........


Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Simon45
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Brick Wall , Christopher Wrenn , born 27/3/1905

Postby Simon45 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:12 pm

MoVidger wrote:Another possible birth:
Births Mar 1929
Wrenn Alfred J Pryor Edmonton 3a 822

Possible marriage:
Marriages Sep 1952
WREN Alfred J MOBLEY W.Ham 5a 1807


Ok thank you

I guess the only way to clarify this is to order his birth certificate


Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Simon45
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Brick Wall , Christopher Wrenn , born 27/3/1905

Postby MoVidger » Fri May 17, 2019 6:14 pm

If we have the correct family, is this Alfred in 2003-2008?

Name: Mr Alfred J Wren
Birth Date: 1927-1929
Residence Date: 2003-2008
Address: 29, Station Road, SS8 7NE
Residence Place: Canvey Island, Essex, England

If so, is this Winifred in the 1939 Register? Two records beneath her are officially closed.

Name: Winifred A Wren [Winifred A Corbett]
Gender: Female
Marital status: Married
Birth Date: 26 Nov 1902
Residence Year: 1939
Address: Corbett Nook.Seaview Rd
Residence Place: Canvey Island , Essex , England
Occupation: Unpaid Domestic Duties
Schedule Number: 442
Sub Schedule Number: 1
Enumeration District: DBOH
Registration district: 195-1
MoVidger
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: Brick Wall , Christopher Wrenn , born 27/3/1905

Postby Simon45 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:25 pm

MoVidger wrote:If we have the correct family, is this Alfred in 2003-2008?

Name: Mr Alfred J Wren
Birth Date: 1927-1929
Residence Date: 2003-2008
Address: 29, Station Road, SS8 7NE
Residence Place: Canvey Island, Essex, England

If so, is this Winifred in the 1939 Register? Two records beneath her are officially closed.

Name: Winifred A Wren [Winifred A Corbett]
Gender: Female
Marital status: Married
Birth Date: 26 Nov 1902
Residence Year: 1939
Address: Corbett Nook.Seaview Rd
Residence Place: Canvey Island , Essex , England
Occupation: Unpaid Domestic Duties
Schedule Number: 442
Sub Schedule Number: 1
Enumeration District: DBOH
Registration district: 195-1


Hi
That looks very promising

It been a bit of a mystery


Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Simon45
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Brick Wall , Christopher Wrenn , born 27/3/1905

Postby MoVidger » Fri May 17, 2019 6:43 pm

Looks like Winifred remarried in 1946, hence the added notations to the 1939 Register.

Marriages Jun 1946
Wren Winifred A Corbett Essex S.W. 4a 686

Was she widowed or divorced by then? Or did Christopher just disappear?
MoVidger
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: Brick Wall , Christopher Wrenn , born 27/3/1905

Postby Simon45 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:03 pm

MoVidger wrote:Looks like Winifred remarried in 1946, hence the added notations to the 1939 Register.

Marriages Jun 1946
Wren Winifred A Corbett Essex S.W. 4a 686

Was she widowed or divorced by then? Or did Christopher just disappear?


Ok I see

Very strange cannot find Christopher in the 1939 register or his death record......


Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Simon45
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Brick Wall , Christopher Wrenn , born 27/3/1905

Postby SarahDevs » Sat May 18, 2019 6:19 am

Just a thought but did he die abroad during WW2? How were deaths recorded if this happened? Would fit with his wife marrying again...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
SarahDevs
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Brick Wall , Christopher Wrenn , born 27/3/1905

Postby Simon45 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:46 am

SarahDevs wrote:Just a thought but did he die abroad during WW2? How were deaths recorded if this happened? Would fit with his wife marrying again...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app


Hi
Ok that’s a possibility
Will try and search the WW2 records for him

Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Simon45
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Brick Wall , Christopher Wrenn , born 27/3/1905

Postby Cachalot6972 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:41 am

There are Christopher J Wrenn immigration records into New York on Ancestry. Unfortunately I don't have an Ancestry sub, so if anyone has one, perhaps they could help here...
Phil

Indecision is the key to flexibility...
Cachalot6972
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: Brittany, in the land of cheap wine and cheese...

Re: Brick Wall , Christopher Wrenn , born 27/3/1905

Postby Simon45 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:08 pm

Cachalot6972 wrote:There are Christopher J Wrenn immigration records into New York on Ancestry. Unfortunately I don't have an Ancestry sub, so if anyone has one, perhaps they could help here...


Hi
Ok I’ll check that immigration record out

Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Simon45
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 8:49 am

Previous

Return to General research queries


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron