Moderator Control Panel ]

Alex Kingston's episode

From Annie Lennox and Gregg Wallace to Alex Kingston and Patrick Stewart, join us every week to share your thoughts about the most recent series of WDYTYA?

Re: Alex Kingston's episode

Postby jkk » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:59 am

A bit more info on Alex's GGF Edward Kingston, recently obtained from my father:

The Kingston boys suffered bullying at Lidlington school. This was stopped by Edward and George, who ran out of school at the end of one school day and were first to the kissing-gate that everyone (or at least, I assume, all the boys) had to go through to exit the school. They allowed every child through the gate one by one, but while one brother held the gate closed, the other brother punched the departing child on the nose! There was no more bullying after that.

In later life, Edward Kingston bought a farm at Great Wheatleys, near Rayleigh in Essex. He was apparently a big fan of a new-ish technology -- concrete -- but he had an unfortunate incident at one point with a concrete dam that he'd built, resulting in considerable flooding.
jkk

Postby TRock » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:37 pm

How can I get more information on Alex's Braham side?
TRock

Postby jslash831 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:16 pm

I also have Abrahams/Braham in my family tree. I was very excited to watch this episode and have gone back to it a few times to try to find out more about her ancestors. I have tried but failed to find the Ancestry Tree. I would like to see if there is a way that her family and mine are related as they are a huge brickwall for me.

If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thank you,
Jennifer Smith
jslash831

Previous

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2012