Moderator Control Panel ]

Military Records from the MOD

Having trouble tracking down a wartime ancestor? Share your queries – and help fellow researchers – here

Military Records from the MOD

Postby walthamx » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:21 am

On the 29 November I posted a quest for my Grandfather's army record from the MODs records office in Scotland.

It is now the 18 December and there is no sign of the cheque being cashed. Is it normal for it to take this long or do I presume the request has been lost somewhere and need to get the cheque cancelled?
walthamx

Re: Military Records from the MOD

Postby Amazinggrace » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi, I applied for my dads record from Glasgow last year. They sent me confirmation that they had received it and said it may take longer than they would like to process. In the event it was no time at all.I am concerned that you have not heard and that the cheque has not been cashed.I would be inclined to think it's got lost.Good luck Grace.
Amazinggrace

Postby MaureenE » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:48 pm

Perhaps you could telephone to enquire. I have a note that the telephone number is 0845 600 9663, but as I don't live in the UK, I can't guarantee that this is still correct.
Email disc4@apc.army.mod.uk (can't guarantee that this is still correct)

Cheers
Maureen
MaureenE

Postby AdrianB38 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 pm

Didn't it used to take up to 6 months to do this? So maybe it's creeping back up again. As for the cheque not being cashed - well, I would hope that it wasn't cashed until the job had been done!

Certainly there is no way that you should take unilateral action without confirmation from the MoD. They might get somewhat disgruntled to complete the work only to find your cheque bounced. And if you sent two requests in, the second might end up on another desk, you get two copies of the same thing, each being charged...
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby Suddca » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:03 am

Just wondered whether you’ve heard from the MOD yet? I’m in a similar position and still haven’t had my cheque cashed.
Suddca

Return to Military help