Moderator Control Panel ]

Doesn’t stay logged in

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Re: Doesn’t stay logged in

Postby Editor » Tue May 01, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi Mick, we haven't had a response from our support team yet but none of us can replicate the problem here in the office. I've tested the site on Chrome, Firefox and Safari. I'll try again tonight from home. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the forum?

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby Mick Loney » Wed May 02, 2018 6:38 am

Sarah,
Thanks for update, but even as I read your reply, I could see I was logged in at top of page, but bottom of page was reporting no one browsing the technical help forum!

It’s got the the stage that I copy every reply before posting, so that if/when it fails, I can try again and paste my answer again.

It is happening on both my PC and iPad, so I’ll be really surprised if it’s something my end or that no one else is experiencing the same thing.

I’d love to hear what the techies say.

Regards

Mike
Mick Loney

Postby meekhcs » Sat May 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi Everyone

Have to report I logged in , in the early hours, replied to a post, pressed send, and was told I had to log in before replying to the post, and of course I lost the post. This is the only time so far and I was using my laptop. So there is obviously a gremlin somewhere.
Sally
meekhcs

Postby Rosemary Collins » Mon May 14, 2018 9:16 am

Hi Sally,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems too. I will see what the web team can do.

Thanks,

Rosemary
Rosemary Collins
Editorial Assistant
Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine
Rosemary Collins

Postby Guy » Mon May 14, 2018 8:38 pm

When I try the site says I am logged in but if I look at who is online only three Bots are shown and a number of guests (no names are given not even mine).
Let's see if this posts now
As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.
Guy

Postby Guy » Mon May 14, 2018 8:42 pm

I wonder if something has been changed in view of the new Data Protection laws that come into effect on 25 May 2018?
Cheers
Guy
As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.
Guy

Previous

Return to Technical help