Moderator Control Panel ]

Brickwalls

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Brickwalls

Postby Genealogylover75 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:02 pm

I have hit several brickwalls in my tree on both sides. 1st and the major one is my 4x Paternal Great Grandfather. He married Sarah Lawson at All Saints Church in Newcastle Upon Tyne in 1786 and I don't have a birth date. I have gone through all the usual online avenues of trying to locate this info but to no avail.
The other problem I've encountered is no photographs of my Maternal Great Grandmother. All I know is she died in childbirth having twins back in 1918 and her husband remarried. I'm hoping that someone on here is one of her descendants and has a photo. Her name was Emily Violet Norkett (married name Godfrey). I have photos of his 2nd marriage but none of her.
Genealogylover75

Re: Brickwalls

Postby avaline » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:37 pm

Sarah married Edward Edgar, and the baptism of their daughter Sarah gives Edward's place of birth as Warkworth, Northumberland. His first son looks like he was named William, so could this be a contender?

30 Aug 1747 Warkworth, Northumberland, Edward s/o William Edgar
avaline

Postby Genealogylover75 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:50 am

[quote="avaline"] Thanks for your kind reply. I would like to do more research on the provenance of the information you have given me. Do you have a link to the location of the record you found?
I found one baptism record on Family Search but this forum doesn't like me adding links. The record states his daughter was baptised in 1805 at All Saints Church in Newcastle Upon Tyne. The date given is 27 Jan 1805 and born 20 December 1804. But no other details are given.
Genealogylover75

Postby avaline » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 pm

Genealogylover75 wrote: I would like to do more research on the provenance of the information you have given me. Do you have a link to the location of the record you found?
I found one baptism record on Family Search but this forum doesn't like me adding links. The record states his daughter was baptised in 1805 at All Saints Church in Newcastle Upon Tyne. The date given is 27 Jan 1805 and born 20 December 1804. But no other details are given.

Unfortunately the site wont allow me to post a link either. The image from the Bishops Transcript for All Saints Church is available on Familysearch.

This is a bit of a long way round, but instead of Search Record select Search Catalog, then click on Film/Fiche No. and type in 4047447. Scroll down to 'Baptisms, marriages and burials, 1799-1815' and click on the Camera icon. You want image 250 of 857.
avaline

Return to General research queries