Moderator Control Panel ]

Could this be the same person?

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Could this be the same person?

Postby eurogordi » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:02 pm

I'm looking for opinions of others on whether the two people shown here are, in fact, the same person.

The lady on the right has been positively identified as Mary Ann Lilley (1881-1931) who lived near New Milton, Hampshire.

The lady on the left is uncannily like members of the Lilley family, including my late father-in-law when he was young (he even said "she looks like me" when shown the photo before he died), and was found a few years ago in a household clearance shop in... New Milton.

There are similarities between the two, but are they both Mary Ann ?
Attachments
Same Person Query.jpg
Same Person Query.jpg (378.5 KiB) Viewed 777 times
eurogordi

Re: Could this be the same person?

Postby Amazinggrace » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:16 pm

Looks like the same person to me.
Grace
Amazinggrace

Postby JMcK » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:58 pm

I would say yes too but Is it possible to get a better quality scan of the right hand image? (Change the pixel count in the printer window when it comes up). I would like to see her left eye (the eye on the right as we look at her). Because in the left hand image it looks as though she has one of those eccentric pupils (or is that just a mark on the photograph)? If so, that would clinch it.
JMcK

Postby eurogordi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:13 pm

I hadn't noticed the pupil which doesn't seem to be a mark on either photo. Unfortunately the right hand image, found in a secondhand shop, is one of those large photos for hanging on the wall. It is very faded and, so far, this is the best I can do.
eurogordi

Postby ibandcb » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:00 pm

Hi, are you on Facebook? I'm Admin for the New Milton Memories group. If you join the group, you can post your photos on there someone may recognise the photo you got from the House Clearance shop.
ibandcb

Postby eurogordi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:35 pm

Yes, I'm already a member of New Milton Memories but haven't thought the obvious about posting a message there. Will do that in the next day or two.
eurogordi

Return to Photo identification