Moderator Control Panel ]

PDFs available from the G.R.O. again

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

PDFs available from the G.R.O. again

Postby pforkes » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:27 pm

This morning (my time - I live in Las Vegas) I placed an order for a death certificate with the General Register Office and saw that certificates can be ordered as PDF files again!

For most of you (who I assume live in the U.K.) the main difference will be that certificates cost you six pounds (instead of nine pounds twenty-five pence) but for me it will mean that I do not not have to wait between twentyone and eighty-four (yes EIGHTY-FOUR) days for the mail man to get the certificate to me.

For me, Christmas has come early this year!
pforkes

Re: PDFs available from the G.R.O. again

Postby SoozOne » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 am

I saw that too. Post from the GRO has taken around two months at times to arrive in NZ and £9.25 is $20.by the time the bank slams on overseas fees. So I agree. Merry Christmas to you too.

Sent from my iPod touch using WDYTYA Forum
SoozOne

Postby Cachalot6972 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Mind-bogglingly swift turnaround: ordered Friday, ready yesterday.
Phil

Indecision is the key to flexibility...
Cachalot6972

Postby 2012girl » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:24 pm

I've just logged into my account and all the PDF's I ordered on the 12th were available to view and download. It says they were despatched on the 16th but I have had no email notification to say they were ready. I notice a few people elsewhere have also had no email about theirs also being ready, so best to keep checking I think
2012girl

Postby pollymac » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Thanks for this advice 2012girl.
I ordered two PDFs on 12th and have been waiting for an email. Just checked my account and they were despached on 16th.
pollymac

Postby pforkes » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:10 pm

I've just logged into my account and all the PDF's I ordered on the 12th were available to view and download. It says they were despatched on the 16th but I have had no email notification to say they were ready. I notice a few people elsewhere have also had no email about theirs also being ready, so best to keep checking I think

For the first few days email notifications were not sent out, then they all came out at once!

I LOVE this! I have nearly 100 certificates delivered at PDFs in the last few days! Normally, if I ordered them now, I would be expecting to get them just before Christmas!!!! You are lucky (if the live in the U.K.) to have been able to get your certificate in a matter of days (rather than up to 84 days that they took to get to me).
pforkes

Postby brunes08 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:07 pm

I ordered 2 certificates on 17th October and received an e-mail for each one today, 20th October, letting me know I can now access them. Really pleased with the service.
brunes08

Postby pforkes » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:42 am

I ordered 2 certificates on 17th October and received an e-mail for each one today, 20th October, letting me know I can now access them. Really pleased with the service.

Write to the G.R.O. and let them know. If they get good feedback maybe they will make it permanent.

In a perfect world, it would be nice to one day be able to buy them and see them immediately...maybe a decade from now you will be able to do that.
pforkes

Return to General research queries