Moderator Control Panel ]

PDFs available from the G.R.O. again

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

PDFs available from the G.R.O. again

Postby pforkes » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:27 pm

This morning (my time - I live in Las Vegas) I placed an order for a death certificate with the General Register Office and saw that certificates can be ordered as PDF files again!

For most of you (who I assume live in the U.K.) the main difference will be that certificates cost you six pounds (instead of nine pounds twenty-five pence) but for me it will mean that I do not not have to wait between twentyone and eighty-four (yes EIGHTY-FOUR) days for the mail man to get the certificate to me.

For me, Christmas has come early this year!
pforkes

Re: PDFs available from the G.R.O. again

Postby SoozOne » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 am

I saw that too. Post from the GRO has taken around two months at times to arrive in NZ and £9.25 is $20.by the time the bank slams on overseas fees. So I agree. Merry Christmas to you too.

Sent from my iPod touch using WDYTYA Forum
SoozOne

Postby Cachalot6972 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Mind-bogglingly swift turnaround: ordered Friday, ready yesterday.
Phil

Indecision is the key to flexibility...
Cachalot6972

Postby 2012girl » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:24 pm

I've just logged into my account and all the PDF's I ordered on the 12th were available to view and download. It says they were despatched on the 16th but I have had no email notification to say they were ready. I notice a few people elsewhere have also had no email about theirs also being ready, so best to keep checking I think
2012girl

Postby pollymac » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Thanks for this advice 2012girl.
I ordered two PDFs on 12th and have been waiting for an email. Just checked my account and they were despached on 16th.
pollymac

Postby pforkes » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:10 pm

I've just logged into my account and all the PDF's I ordered on the 12th were available to view and download. It says they were despatched on the 16th but I have had no email notification to say they were ready. I notice a few people elsewhere have also had no email about theirs also being ready, so best to keep checking I think

For the first few days email notifications were not sent out, then they all came out at once!

I LOVE this! I have nearly 100 certificates delivered at PDFs in the last few days! Normally, if I ordered them now, I would be expecting to get them just before Christmas!!!! You are lucky (if the live in the U.K.) to have been able to get your certificate in a matter of days (rather than up to 84 days that they took to get to me).
pforkes

Postby brunes08 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:07 pm

I ordered 2 certificates on 17th October and received an e-mail for each one today, 20th October, letting me know I can now access them. Really pleased with the service.
brunes08

Postby pforkes » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:42 am

I ordered 2 certificates on 17th October and received an e-mail for each one today, 20th October, letting me know I can now access them. Really pleased with the service.

Write to the G.R.O. and let them know. If they get good feedback maybe they will make it permanent.

In a perfect world, it would be nice to one day be able to buy them and see them immediately...maybe a decade from now you will be able to do that.
pforkes

Postby Rosemary Collins » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:52 am

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know, I'm writing a story for the next issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine about the PDF trial.

It would be great to talk to readers who've used the trial, so if you've broken down any brick walls or made any interesting discoveries thanks to a PDF certificate and would like to be interviewed, please let me know! You can email me on rosemary.collins@immediate.co.uk.
Rosemary Collins
Editorial Assistant
Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine
Rosemary Collins

Postby TallK » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:41 pm

There's a link in the email I received asking for feedback. One of the questions was what would you do in the future order certificate, pdf or both. Also a question on 'modern' registrations.
TallK

Next

Return to General research queries