Moderator Control Panel ]

Looking for Hazelwood maternity hospital

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Looking for Hazelwood maternity hospital

Postby Lesley D » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:16 am

[b][size=3]I am looking for a Hazelwood maternity hospital….[/size][/b]
[size=3][b]My mother in law was born there, it states in her birth certificate she was born in [/b][b]Hazelwood[/b][b] [/b][b]Maternity[/b][b] [/b][b]Hospital[/b][b] 1920 and her birth was registered in Govan Glasgow. [/b][/size]
[size=3][b]I haven’t been able to find a Hazelwood maternity hospital in [/b][b]Glasgow[/b][b] I was wondering if anyone else had heard of one in the year 1920...[/b][/size]
[b][size=3]Her mother was a single unmarried mother and she could have been sent away by her family to have the baby, although her mother did have the support of her family and she stayed with her mother.[/size][/b]
[b][size=3] [/size][/b]
[size=3][b]I found a Hazelwood castle in [/b][b]England[/b][b] which was a maternity hospital between 1939 - 1953 which is too late to be the right one?? [/b][/size]
[b][size=3]Can anyone help … [/size][/b]
Lesley D

RE: Looking for Hazelwood maternity hospital

Postby mrsaverage40s » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:40 am

Hi there Lesley D,
Try searching [link=http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/hospitalrecords]www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/hospitalrecords[/link]
it may give you some ideas as to where it is. Hazelwood may have just been the local name it was known by, try searching maternity hospitals in Glasgow or Govan.
mrsaverage40s

Return to General research queries