Moderator Control Panel ]

Suggestion for an episode...

Chat about the 13th edition of the UK genealogy series, which features Sir Ian McKellen, Danny Dyer, Amanda Holden and more

Suggestion for an episode...

Postby Rv89 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Hello there,

I have a suggestion on a celebrity that you could choose to do an episode on (of course, they would have to agree to it). I would personally find it interesting if you researched Benedict Cumberbatch, but this is because of my husband sharing an ancestor with him. This particular ancestor was a tea plantation owner and very wealthy. He had a home built which is now a 5 star hotel. I have seen the architect plans. Some of the generations further down owned lucrative hotels.

This ancestor and his family were based close to where I live so I have managed to find out a bit about them.

I know that Cumberbatch also has connections to Richard III and Arthur Conan Doyle.

Just a suggestion!
Rv89

Re: Suggestion for an episode...

Postby Princess1949 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Hello,

I would certainly agree with this suggestion - does it have Caribbean connections? I would love to know the origins of his family.
Princess1949

Re: Suggestion for an episode...

Postby ksouthall » Sat May 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Yes it does have Caribbean connections. It may depend on how much of his family history Benedict Cumberbatch already knows as it may not make as interesting television if there were no surprises.
ksouthall

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2016