Moderator Control Panel ]

My long lost Carruthers Uncle

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

My long lost Carruthers Uncle

Postby roadkinglavared » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:06 am

If anyone know's who the little guy is, I would love to know. The only thing I know about him is that he is my Uncle, again long since passed. I have been searching for any informtion on him, and I keep coming up empty. Also I have been trying to find anyone searching for my family line with no luck what so ever.

His mother was Jeannie Carruthes, daughter to Samuel M Carruthers and Grace Lindsay from Dumfries.

Jeannie 'married' outside her race and I believe that in 1910 or 1911 my little Uncle was taken away from her. One problem is I don't know if he was taken in Scotland or Ontario/Quebec Canada.

I would so love to find my family kin - that being the Carruthers from Morton Dumfries. This family seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth!

Thanks,

Bernie

[image]local://531/CD05C638795444CA9843CDB32401CA84.jpg[/image]
roadkinglavared

Re: My long lost Carruthers Uncle

Postby Amazinggrace » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi Bernie,
Have you tried the very helpful people at the Dumfries and Galloway family History Society. They publish a newsletter several times a year .I have found being a member very useful.You can post requests for info in the newsletter.
They are at
9 Glasgow Street
Dumfries. DG2 9AF
Tel. 01387 248093

e-mail.secretary@dgfhs.org.uk

Good Luck
Grace Paris Lightbody Smith (nee Carruthers) :)
Amazinggrace

Return to Photo identification