Moderator Control Panel ]

Problems downloading bonus content

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Problems downloading bonus content

Postby paulberyl » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:13 pm

Is anyone else having problems downloading the bonus content?

I normally download the individual pdf documents but they simply will not download currently. I can download the zip files and extract the pdf files from these but cannot download, and therefore access, the monthly "Guides to Content".

Paul
paulberyl

Re: Problems downloading bonus content

Postby Jon Bauckham » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi Paul,

Really sorry for not getting back to you about this. Are you still having problems?

If so, I'd be happy to send you the necessary documents – just send me an email.

Best wishes,
Jon
Jon Bauckham

Postby Navigator » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:50 pm

I too have a problem with downloading content but it is different to the one above.

As a subscriber since Issue number 69 2013 I have downloaded the Bonus Content through to Issue 117 Southampton . . . except for Issue 114 for Leeds!
Unfortunately, I have mislaid/lost that copy and would like to obtain the Leeds files please, if possible, to complete the collection so far.

I recently won the Star Letter for an item about the PSNC vessel "Orduna" so my "credentials" can be verified ;)
Thanks,
Navigator
Navigator

Postby meekhcs » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:53 am

I have tried to download the Bonus content from issue 117 re Southampton on IE,Chrome and Firefox and each time I cannot get past the content button!! Any ideas??

Sally
meekhcs

Postby AdrianB38 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:15 pm

I had serious - and inconsistent - issues last time I tried to download. Typing in the address whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/bonuscontent and then pressing the view-content button seemed to give different results from going to the same screen from the front of the magazine site via the menu system, one option at a time. Sometimes one worked and the other didn't. But not always.

Given that sometimes clicking that button works and sometimes doesn't (absolutely nothing happens), I'm tempted to say that there are some sort of initialisation issues with the site. But as I know nothing about how it's written, I may be talking nonsense.

Sent from my MotoG3 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby AdrianB38 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Sorry Sally - forgot to say - I just kept trying and eventually found it worked.

Sent from my MotoG3 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby meekhcs » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:09 pm

Thanks Adrian I kept trying and eventually managed toget into the system, Sally
meekhcs

Postby Jon Bauckham » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Navigator wrote:I too have a problem with downloading content but it is different to the one above.

As a subscriber since Issue number 69 2013 I have downloaded the Bonus Content through to Issue 117 Southampton . . . except for Issue 114 for Leeds!
Unfortunately, I have mislaid/lost that copy and would like to obtain the Leeds files please, if possible, to complete the collection so far.

I recently won the Star Letter for an item about the PSNC vessel "Orduna" so my "credentials" can be verified ;)
Thanks,
Navigator

Hi Navigator – just sent you an email with details of how to access the Leeds files!
Jon Bauckham

Postby Jon Bauckham » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi Sally and Adrian,

You're quite right – there does appear to be something wrong with the Bonus Content section of the site. Not really sure what it is, but I don't think it's something I can sort out myself.

I'll ask our digital team to investigate as a matter of urgency.

Best wishes,
Jon
Jon Bauckham

Return to Magazine chat