Moderator Control Panel ]

Charles Brewer dilemma!

Having trouble tracking down a wartime ancestor? Share your queries – and help fellow researchers – here

Charles Brewer dilemma!

Postby vito74 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:01 pm

Tracing my family tree and my ancestor Charles Brewer has thrown up to Different Charles. One is Charles Brewer son of Thomas Brewer and Elizabeth nee Gregory born 1836. The one I think is right.

The other is Charles Parry Melville Brewer son of Samuel and Sophia.

You see there is a marriage between Charles Parry Melville Brewer and Cecilia Foy in India. But no Charles Brewer and Cecilia Foy marriage.

Cecilia is the mother of Charles, Mark Anthony, Susannah and Sarah. And the father is Charles Brewer.

Can the two Charles be the same person?

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
vito74

Re: Charles Brewer dilemma!

Postby MaureenE » Mon May 02, 2016 5:07 am

Findmypast have the record for the marriage in India, which took place 29th December 1851 at Calcutta. The groom was aged 19 years, so born about 1832, and was employed in the East India Company Marine Service.

Although you have posted your query under Military help, you have not given any details of the military involvement. The Marine Service is not military.

Cheers
Maureen

Edit: I have just seen that this has been posted under General research queries and has already been answered by others. Rather misleading vito74 to post it twice.
MaureenE

Re: Charles Brewer dilemma!

Postby vito74 » Tue May 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Put it in the wrong one first. Only noticed when trying to check it. He was in the 45th foot regiment.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
vito74

Return to Military help