Moderator Control Panel ]

Jeremy Paxman

Jeremy Paxman - talk about the show

Jeremy Paxman

Postby Broadsword » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:03 am

This was the first episode that I saw. I'd never seen Paxman so emotional before! Well, except when he's going after the likes of George Galloway....
Broadsword

RE: Jeremy Paxman

Postby RichardCrane » Thu May 08, 2008 3:23 am

What was interesting about Jeremy Paxman's journey into his family history was finding out that the Paxman family originated from Suffolk, only to move 'up north' to Lancashire where there was plenty of employment in the cotton mills awaiting for them.

Likewise, my family (the Cranes) originated from Bispham, Blackpool, only to move into the factory system at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.
RichardCrane

Postby cathyhudd » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:10 pm

Since watching the Jeremy Paxman show I have discovered my ancestors also were from Suffolk and would like to watch the episode again. Does anyone know if this particular episode is going to be repeated and if so where and when? Thanks, Cathy
Looking for information about:- Harpers of Northamptonshire, Warwickshire and Buckinghamshire. Whaymans and Goodings of Suffolk and Essex. Jacques of Leicestershire. Hudds, Pontings and Partridges of Gloucestershire.
cathyhudd

Postby ksouthall » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:00 am

The episode may be repeated on UKHistory. Alternatively, it may be possible to rent the DVD from your local library. If they don't have it in stock, they may order it in for you.
ksouthall

Re: Jeremy Paxman

Postby cabbie41 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:11 pm

RichardCrane wrote:What was interesting about Jeremy Paxman's journey into his family history was finding out that the Paxman family originated from Suffolk, only to move 'up north' to Lancashire where there was plenty of employment in the cotton mills awaiting for them.

Likewise, my family (the Cranes) originated from Bispham, Blackpool, only to move into the factory system at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.

Sent from my SM-P600 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app

What was really interesting to me was also the fact that his family came from Suffolk (Framlingham) but it turns out that he shares my ancestors from Framlingham. At the time of watching I didn't know that but found out later.
cabbie41

Return to Jeremy Paxman