Moderator Control Panel ]

Issue 1 October 2007

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Issue 1 October 2007

Postby Paulhorvath » Sun May 17, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi,just wondered if anyone had a copy of the very first issue of Who Do You Think You Are? magazine October 2007,with the cover cd,for sale??
Paulhorvath

RE: Issue 1 October 2007

Postby kimtrevor » Mon May 18, 2009 1:10 am

I managed to get some of the back issues, but would love if not the mag and CD to get hold of the CDs of the back issues I've missed.

Wonder if we all asked enough they would produce the CDs we needed.
kimtrevor

Postby Paulhorvath » Mon May 18, 2009 2:00 am

Ideally,i would like both the magazine & the CD,but it is an excellent suggestion. [:)]
Paulhorvath

Postby Editor » Mon May 18, 2009 9:26 pm

We looked into reprinting issue two because we had so many requests for it, but the costs were prohibitive. We are, however, thinking of producing digital versions of some of our out-of-stock titles. We also bring along various 'out of stock' titles to Who Do You Think You Are? LIVE each year. We had some that were found in a cupboard in our advertising department! We also have a few spare cover CDs knocking around in the office. Not a large number, but do feel free to email me if you are missing any and I will see what I can do. Obviously, reproducing a CD is cheaper than reproducing a magazine but we have usually licensed some of the content (especially the big datasets) from a family history society or company on the understanding that it is a one-off. I don't think they would be keen on us reprinting content that they normally charge for.

As far as I'm concerned, the best way to avoid missing an issue is to subscribe...

Sarah

p.s. my email address is sarahwilliams@bbcmagazinesbristol.com
Editor
Site Admin

Postby pre1837 » Mon May 18, 2009 10:16 pm

Problem was for me, and a lot more I suspect, we didn't know about the mag when it first started, maybe at that time, were not too deeply into Family Trees etc. I for one didn't know about the TV progs even. Did start to delve into it as a result of another (/) prog on the box. Can't remember which. Not [i]WDYTYA?[/i] though.
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Postby Paulhorvath » Tue May 19, 2009 4:06 am

Thank to the editor for their comments. I have only being researching my tree for six months,been meaning to do it for a while but just never got round to doing it!!
But i am a subscriber,would be lost without the magazine,look forward to it each month.[:)]

Paul
Paulhorvath

Postby kimtrevor » Mon May 25, 2009 3:43 am

I could really do with the CD on Gloucestershire.

I've seen one on Ebay but the prices for these mags and CDs are silly money. Would be good if the contents could be available on the website for those who have subscriptions.
kimtrevor

Return to General research queries