Moderator Control Panel ]

ORAL HISTORIES OF BIRMINGHAM

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

ORAL HISTORIES OF BIRMINGHAM

Postby davidadams » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:33 pm

[b][font=arial][color=navy][size=2]ORAL HISTORIES OF [/size][/color][/font][/b][b][font=arial][color=navy][size=2]BIRMINGHAM[/size][/color][/font][/b][b][font=arial][color=navy][size=2] IN THE POST WAR YEARS[/size][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=arial][color=navy][size=2][/size][/color][/font][/b]
[font=arial][color=navy][size=2]I am currently studying for an MA in Spatial Planning at the [/size][/color][/font][font=arial][color=navy][size=2]University[/size][/color][/font][font=arial][color=navy][size=2] of [/size][/color][/font][font=arial][color=navy][size=2]Central England[/size][/color][/font][font=arial][color=navy][size=2] and I am in the formative stages researching my chosen dissertation subject. [/size][/color][/font]
[font=arial][color=navy][size=2][/size][/color][/font]
[font=arial][color=navy][size=2]I am particularly interested in the idea of comparing the experiences of those who lived through a period of reconstruction and subsequent modernization in [b]post-war [/b][/size][/color][/font][font=arial][color=navy][size=2][b]Birmingham[/b][/size][/color][/font][font=arial][color=navy][size=2] with contemporary experiences of the urban environment. [/size][/color][/font]
[font=arial][color=navy][size=2]For the primary research component of my dissertation I have decided to explore how local people engaged with the plans for redevelopment with residents who had lived and worked in [/size][/color][/font][font=arial][color=navy][size=2]Birmingham[/size][/color][/font][font=arial][color=navy][size=2] between 1950 and 1970 when [/size][/color][/font][font=arial][color=navy][size=2]Birmingham[/size][/color][/font][font=arial][color=navy][size=2] experienced a period of enormous development. I would also like to examine their views on the more recent regeneration schemes in [/size][/color][/font][font=arial][color=navy][size=2]Birmingham[/size][/color][/font][font=arial][color=navy][size=2] that have occurred during the late 1980’s to the present day. [/size][/color][/font]
[font=arial][color=navy][size=2]Can anyone out there help? [/size][/color][/font]
[font=arial][color=navy][size=2]Many thanks for your time and help.[/size][/color][/font]
[font=arial][color=navy][size=2]Best wishes.[/size][/color][/font]
[font=arial][color=navy][size=2]David[/size][/color][/font]
davidadams

Return to General research queries