Moderator Control Panel ]

BIRTH CERTIFICATE ANDREW LULACACHI

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

BIRTH CERTIFICATE ANDREW LULACACHI

Postby NICKY » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:00 am

I am searching for the birth certificate of Andrew Lulacachi, in fact I am searching for his mother (Janssens Pauline or Janssens Ludovica). He was born in Bristol in september (or august) 1899 (GRO 6a 39), as son of Matthew Lulacakis. I tried to get it online but I don't have a credit card so it is difficult, as I live in Belgium to obtain more information.

Can someone can give me some information on how I can obtain more information about Andrew, especially his mum.

Thanks for your help,

Nicky Wils

With excuses for my English as English is not my native language.
NICKY

RE: BIRTH CERTIFICATE ANDREW LULACACHI

Postby rosss009 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:20 am

All I can find is the following marriage and the birth that you already know about of Andrew.

September 1894 Pauline Elizabeth Jansssens married Mathew Lulacakis GRO Bristol 6a95
I cannot find anything in any of the England census for any of them
rosss009

Postby NICKY » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:53 am

Thanks for your reply.

The reason I asked for it is my doubt of the mother of Andrew. At first I was sure his mother was Pauline Janssens because she was married to Lulacakis. But later I found out that her stephsister, my greatgrandmother, said it was her child, although the child didn't excist for six years (1899-1906). She said she lost the birthcertificate of Andrew. But she never left Belgium and Andrew was born in Bristol, where Pauline and Lulacakis lived.

The reason nothing is found in the census is because P. Janssens returned to Belgium as widow of Lulacakis. But again no sign of Andrew. So it stays a mistery of who's Andrews mother.

But thanks anyway for the effort of searching,

Nicky Wils

NICKY

Postby rosss009 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:03 am

I have sent you a personal message.
rosss009

Postby rosss009 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:33 am

The Birth Certificate has arrived at my home today so here goes:

Andrew Lulacachi was born on 8th August 1899 at 14 Langton Street, Bedminster in the County of Bristol. His Father was Matthew Lulacachi and his profession was a Stevedor's Foreman. Andrew's Mother was Louisa Elizabeth Lulacachi and her name before marriage was Janssens.
rosss009

Postby mrsaverage40s » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:10 am

Wow, well done rosss009, and Nicky your English is fine !
Have checked 14 Langton Street on the 1901 census, but the family there then is named RUTLEY, so the LULACACHI family were obviously not there for long.
mrsaverage40s

Postby NICKY » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:16 pm

thanks for your reply.

I got the birth certificate and some of the mystery isn't solved yet. In Antwerp Andrews mother was, she said, Ludovica Anne JANSSENS. She kind of adopted the son after his, I assume real mother left for Canada in 1906. This mother was her stephsister who was a few years older. Her first names are Pauline Elisabeth. On the birth certifcate the name of the mother is Louise Elisabeth.

Indeed she didn't live for very long in Bristol as she came back to Antwerp (without her husband) with her child. She married again in London with an other man and left for Canada in 1906 (without husband and child). Andrew, the child, killed himself at the age of 16, in 1916 in the house of his official mother (Ludovica Anne).

Some family's do have family secrets but it's fun and education to find out what's behind those secrets.

Thanks your help it's a lot easier. So thank you for your help.

With kind regards,

Nicky Wils
Antwerpen
NICKY

Postby rosss009 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:06 pm

I am glad to be of help. I find it more interesting when there are different accounts of events. I hope you find out more about this part of your family. Good luck with your continuing search.
rosss009

Return to General research queries