Moderator Control Panel ]

WDYTYA? Live Show - Friday

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

WDYTYA? Live Show - Friday

Postby Annie08 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:43 pm

Went to the Show on Friday. What a great day - even the sun was shining and could feel it as I walked around the exhibition. Was able to pick up lots of tips and ideas to follow up on which will keep me going for a while.

Saw one of the Ainsley Harriott talks - great, what a gentleman, so down to earth.

Here's looking forward to the next one.

Annie08
Annie08

RE: WDYTYA? Live Show - Friday

Postby ksouthall » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:00 am

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it. I haven't made it to any of them yet, so maybe next year.
ksouthall

Postby Editor » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:13 pm

Lovely to meet you all and sorry I couldn't talk to more people. We were worked off our feet! We had lots of people asking for issues 2 and 4 at the show - particularly issue 2. I've looked into the costs of reprinting and we would have to sell about 700 copies at £4.25 to cover the costs because the printer would have to redo the plates. We are looking at the possibility of producing digital copies of our sold-out issues but, unless I get swamped with requests for issue 2, I suspect we won't be reprinting.

Regards,

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby ksouthall » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:30 pm

Digital copies of sold-out issues would be really useful.
ksouthall

Postby lizjones » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:23 pm

A friend & I went & had a wonderful time, can't wait for next year! I attended Ainsley's talk, 3 workshops, got some advice from the military memorabilia stand, joined the Western Front association and picked up lots of useful information. I go to the show every year & always pick up enough new leads to keep me going til the next one! The only downside is always getting the tickets for some reason they don't send them out til the last minute - I always have to chase up & this year they didn't arrive at all & I had to queue. Well worth it though!
Researching:
Denman - anywhere in the West Country but especially North Curry & Taunton
Fisher - Wedmore & Mark, in Somerset
Thomas - Minehead & Dunster
Willsman - everywhere!
Leighton/Layton in Gloucestershire & Herefordshire
lizjones

Postby noseyoap » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:23 am

First time at the show and thoroughly enjoyed it. Visited the workshop with Nick Barrett talking about researching the family history, what a wonderful speaker he is. Got a lot of help from the Natonal Library of Ireland and the Irish Archives.
It was nice to meet Sarah and put a face to the picture in the magazine (easily recognisable).
Hope to return next year.

p.s. I am the South Africa winning letter!!
noseyoap

Return to Genealogy chat