Moderator Control Panel ]

Free access to FindMyPast this weekend!

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Free access to FindMyPast this weekend!

Postby JaneyH » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:11 am

Just to say quickly that there's free access to FMP this weekend, from 12 noon Friday. Couldn't be better timing for me as I'm itching to access their Cheshire collection, now I'm working on husband's tree. My only problem will be finding time between a birthday dinner and rugby tournament!

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
JaneyH

Re: Free access to FindMyPast this weekend!

Postby coopernicola » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Brilliant, thanks for letting us know I can fish out my FMP search list too :)
coopernicola

Postby Sylcec » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:06 pm

Just remember to check your account, so that you don't get charged after the free period ends.
Sylcec

Postby JaneyH » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:03 pm

Oh dear ... Findmypast is currently having "technical difficulties". I was just about to look at my husband's 2x great grandfather's baptism register, after finally realising they were a Methodist family hence in non-conformist records rather than parish records and ... a picture of a ship-wreck appeared!

FMP's Twitter feed says "they're working on it".

Just when I had an unexpectedly free evening!

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
JaneyH

Postby shamwari » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:09 pm

Hi
I am having issues with loading a gedcom onto findmypast. I am trying to use their free w/e! Can anyone help? I managed to load a test small tree but now when I try to load my actual family tree and click on 'import file' it just takes me back to the test tree. It won't even let me delete the test tree as no icon appears to the right hand side of the tree as the FAQs say it should. I have contacted findmypast and all they did was quote the FAQs at me. How can I upload the gedcom?please help.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
shamwari

Return to Genealogy chat