Moderator Control Panel ]

Help finding where relative in durham / bakewell

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Help finding where relative in durham / bakewell

Postby sassysaz » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:27 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this!
Basically I'm trying to find where my grandfathers mother Ellen Allen 1912-1945 is buried.
I've managed to find exert of a marriage cert and a death record of Ancestry.com ......but I've hit a brick wall. I can't find a birth certificate or amy family members. Any idea how I can find these?
Many thanks
Sara

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
sassysaz

Re: Help finding where relative in durham / bakewell

Postby Sylcec » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:27 pm

Hi there Sassy - sorry, can't help with specific query - but will advise that your posting is more likely to be seen if you put it in "General Research Queries". btw: you say you have found marriage and death index entries for Ellen Allen - but is ALLEN her maiden or married surname? If you want us to help find her birth, then we need both surnames, and a marriage date would help as well.
Sylcec

Re: Help finding where relative in durham / bakewell

Postby sassysaz » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi thanks for your message, I'll re post. Allen is her maiden name, but she divorced before she died. A little frustrated that I can find a wedding record and death record but nothing that tells me re a family member or place of burial!

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
sassysaz

Return to Genealogy chat